The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC25 Animal: Bin find and Stripdown  (Read 20352 times)

Offline Dyson2000

• Dyson Restorer and Collector!
DC25 Animal: Bin find and Stripdown
« on: September 20, 2015, 10:22:33 pm »
 Im back, Now here i have a DC25 Animal in ok condition, its the most good condition one have ever seen at the dump, most of the dyson there have knackered motors in them or the pain in the arse, the red kick part or what ever you call it, the part to recline it anyway.

Here it was

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

it looked like it had been used in a barn, because there was feathers everywhere in it, anyway it worked so i better cut my moaning.

Offline Dyson2000

Re: DC25 Animal: Bin find and Stripdown
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 10:32:56 pm »
Now the refurbish, it didn't turn out well but i did get there in the end with some help by Dad, but Beko1987 you saved my life! :icon_nod:, you're pictures where absolutely actuate for cheers!  :thumbsup: 8).

For starters i will have to get at wand for it, i will see if the dump as a ball next weekend.

ila_rendered

Cyclone off

Hang on! whats that inside?

ila_rendered

Skipped ahead abit, Wand and hose off now

ila_rendered

Now this bit was a total disaster in the end though i did eventually get it!

ila_rendered

It got a bit out of hand, i said to my self "i wish i never took it apart", but it will be good for it in the end so i continued on.

ila_rendered

Offline Dyson2000

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 10:42:03 pm »
So the Ball next.

ila_rendered

I took the filter cover off.

ila_rendered

Removed the filter and i was presented with this in it

ila_rendered

Next take it all apart.

ila_rendered

Thats all the Ball part off, now the motor casing

I got the motor out no bother, here is where the wires went.

ila_rendered

I took everything else off, and in the end i remembered but was too late to take anymore photos because i took it all apart.

ila_rendered

Offline Dyson2000

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 10:51:52 pm »
This was the finished product a cupple hours later, what a pain, I'm never doing a ball again for a while  :censored:.

here was the finished result, after scrubbing and cleaning the best i could anyway.

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

There is alot of scuffs on it, and the side hose will need replacing ( i just taped it up with electrical tape for the now and its fine) and the wand and hose, i had a problem with the brushbar where you tighten the plastic bit that slots into the brushbar turn it on and it would go louse and not spin at all, so dad came up with the idea of super gluing it on and then screwing it back on and that seamed to do the trick. 

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 10:57:10 pm »
Nice! I have the all floors, it's lovely. DC25's are good heavy duty vacs IMHO, solid, durable, powerful brushbar and the suction's great and main motors on these are indestructable. The only thing I can think of that needs improving is the narrow wand could be thicker and  the pre motor filter could be like the DC04 and DC14 type where it's easier to wash instead of having a stiff rubber perimeter around it, but hey its a good machine overall and I would say the animal one we got new from currys for £250 was worth it :)

Offline Madrat

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 12:32:25 pm »
Wish we had a tip like that, ours used to be great you could buy anything for a fiver, now everything is "sent away" probably to landfill in India!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 12:36:42 pm »
I said that about my first 25, it gets easier when you get 10-20 done! Looks nice and tidy though, should come up ok!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Dyson2000

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 04:59:13 pm »
Wish we had a tip like that, ours used to be great you could buy anything for a fiver, now everything is "sent away" probably to landfill in India!

I think what happens with electrical items they get sent down to England for stripping down at their plant, that's what happens at our dump (shanks). I also get computers from there if they are decent (last week I found a 22 inch LG monitor that was working fine with HDMi, you know some of the stuff people throw out is just mad!.

Offline Dyson2000

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 05:01:09 pm »
I said that about my first 25, it gets easier when you get 10-20 done! Looks nice and tidy though, should come up ok!

I'm hoping that what will happen, I remember taking our dc01 apart to replace the motor in it, I thought that was hard but when I got one at the tip it was easy!.

Offline Dyson2000

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 05:02:13 pm »
Nice! I have the all floors, it's lovely. DC25's are good heavy duty vacs IMHO, solid, durable, powerful brushbar and the suction's great and main motors on these are indestructable. The only thing I can think of that needs improving is the narrow wand could be thicker and  the pre motor filter could be like the DC04 and DC14 type where it's easier to wash instead of having a stiff rubber perimeter around it, but hey its a good machine overall and I would say the animal one we got new from currys for £250 was worth it :)
Snap! We have got the same as well, great hoover never had any problems with it so far

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 05:09:01 pm »
There's a mini scrapyard at the end of my road and they had a DC01, DC08, DC07 and a DC18 there. Asked the guy for the DC18 and he said no. They were suffering in the heatwaves, snow and rain, then everything disappeared!

Offline Dyson2000

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 05:21:55 pm »
There's a mini scrapyard at the end of my road and they had a DC01, DC08, DC07 and a DC18 there. Asked the guy for the DC18 and he said no. They were suffering in the heatwaves, snow and rain, then everything disappeared!

if i was you i wouldn't even ask, just bloody take it and save it from the bin.

Offline Madrat

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 05:48:32 pm »
25 not bad but the ball can be a pain at times in small rooms and the hose was hatefull, Mrs Madrat hated ours, ended up with a 14 animal

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 07:25:48 pm »
DC14 Animal, we have that, seriously the best friggin Dyson ever, our DC41 got beaten by my new DC04 :O the DC04 picked up loads! Enough to stop the dirt spinning in the bin ;)

Offline Dyson2000

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 08:07:40 am »
DC14 Animal, we have that, seriously the best friggin Dyson ever, our DC41 got beaten by my new DC04 :O the DC04 picked up loads! Enough to stop the dirt spinning in the bin ;)

Yeah for some reason you couldn't beat the pickup power  on the old dyson's even I can agree with that

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration