The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: I had a play with a Big Ball earlier  (Read 10675 times)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
I had a play with a Big Ball earlier
« on: September 27, 2015, 11:25:47 pm »
Snigger...

SWMBO's rich friend got a new vac the other month, the DC33 Stubborn I refurbed and posted about last week was hers, she got bored and replaced it...

We were round there earlier, and I asked if I could have a go, so had a quick run around her bedroom with it.

It's not bad tbh, but not amazing either. Not too noisy, quite manouverable, bloody massive though! Not keen on how the wand works, I put it back in without looking at it and had it the wrong way round, and the hose is quite stiff (but it's only 2 months old). I didnt fidn it cleaned much better than any other dyson, on par with a DC15 or 25, certainly nothing special. The head does clean slightly better on Max, but is alot easier to push on the normal setting, and seems to groom the same.

I can see me needing to clean the brushroll off soon...

But how filthy does it want to bloody be after 2 months? Not sure I'm keen on this setup of dirt entry, my DC50 is minging in the same place too.

Must run this through the serial number doodah in a sec...

The carpet I tried it on is ruined, and once they have converted one of their barns into an 'office' with a shower room and a bed rather than a desk Mr Planning Officer  :underchair: they are going to replace them throughout.

Once I have my Panasonic Icon back together I'm going to take that round, and maybe a good Hoover Turbopower and show her carpets a proper vacuum (she know's I'm nuts, she#s cool with it). May even be able to rope SWMBO into filming a head to head challenge for me...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: I had a play with a Big Ball earlier
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 11:58:02 pm »
I plan to get one of these DC75 Cinetics later :) What's the hose suction like vs a DC04 or DC33? Dyson say 198 AW which is confusing as they had website errors and they said 120 AW for the DC41mk2 which is a bit meh :P

DC33 has 255 AW (same as the original DC41 and DC05)
Dc04 has 230 AW (DC40 has 200 I think and the DC25 220)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 12:06:16 am »
It seemed nice and sharp for the brief moment I put my hand on it! Like a good 04/07 really.

Ive never got air watts either tbh,  we should probably learn though,  their the way forward since people think low wattage is bad,  air watts is a way to dress the numbers!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline heidi

• Luton
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 12:08:56 am »
Parwaz, is got 215aw. And I have had this model and it definitely outperforms every Dyson and it even outferforms my Panasonic icon  which surprise me
And I had my Panasonic icon from new.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 12:12:45 am »
Thats good Sam ;D I'm happy with that
Heidi: Whoah

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 12:18:40 am »
PS The airflow channel reminds me of cheap vacuums, for example on the vax uprights with a filter in the bin and Argos value uprights, the suction from the motor came from the bottom of the bin, watched a HSN presentation of when the Dc41 was the latest vacuum and had just come out and the lady said it's direct suction which is better for direct cleaning which I dont really think makes any difference in clean air uprights

Offline heidi

• Luton
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 12:26:18 am »
And also the cinetic big ball is one of the best deep cleaning machines I have had. And this is what I have seen in my own home.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 07:05:49 am »
Awesome

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 08:25:03 am »
Good to hear views from daily use!

Do you find that yours looks a bit messy though Heidi? Have you noticed a drop in suction after prolonged use from the internals clogging up? Is it possible to look up into the inners of the cyclone with the bin off and view the cleanliness of the internals? Or is it all hidden from view?

I think alot does depend on the floor type, the carpet I tried it on was heavily worn, although with a stiffer brushroll could be bought up. When I ran my fingers along the bristles they didnt seem too stiff to me, although not particularly soft. Have your outer velour strips worn away at all from use?

Offline Madrat

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 02:13:51 pm »
 :o running around another woman's bedroom playing with a big ball  :boggleeye:

And you about to be a farther !

Offline Tech12

• Electrical Appliance Engineer / Trainer.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 02:34:47 pm »
 :censored: shocking, I'm surprised at you  ::), playing with things like that in another woman's bedroom :evilgrin0002: :underchair:
Repairs to All makes of Small Commercial & Domestic appliance. Power tool repair.
City & Guilds and PAT qualified engineer.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 03:40:02 pm »
OMG LOL 😂

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 03:42:52 pm »
Hehe, and my own missus was sat watching telly in the other room... I like to live dangerously!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 03:45:32 pm »
Haha!

Offline heidi

• Luton
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 05:26:52 pm »
Good to hear views from daily use!

Do you find that yours looks a bit messy though Heidi? Have you noticed a drop in suction after prolonged use from the internals clogging up? Is it possible to look up into the inners of the cyclone with the bin off and view the cleanliness of the internals? Or is it all hidden from view?

I think alot does depend on the floor type, the carpet I tried it on was heavily worn, although with a stiffer brushroll could be bought up. When I ran my fingers along the bristles they didnt seem too stiff to me, although not particularly soft. Have your outer velour strips worn away at all from use?

So I had mine around 30 days I only bought it to test it because I don't want to spend that money and be disappointed so I decided to just get one to play with them return but I am planning on getting another one, and I gave the thing a very good testing I took it round friends houses and used it every day picking up lots of flour and honestly there was no suction drop also and the kinetic cyclone seem to work and work well and they seem to be working perfectly as you can look up into the cyclones with a flashlight, the cyclone area will be  dusty but the cyclones themselves were perfectly clean and the felt strips didn't warn away they seem to last really well as on my Dyson dc59 it haves the same felt things on the bottom and I've had that for almost 2 years and it haven't worn away. And in your video it seemed to do well bringing up on that carpet even though it was very thin and very ruined,and to me the bristles are very stiff definitely the stiffest on any Dyson it brings my carpet up fantastically, they feel stiff or if you try and poke the brushes instead of brushing them as they feel really stiff to me, thing I love about this compare to Old Dysons is there is quite a bit of weight in the head to try and Dig It Down. I've got a few Hoover turbopower and it honestly seems to clean my my carpets better than them and I could not believe it, and I I think the kinetic cyclones definitely work and definitely work well as long as you don't use it on a building site it will be fine also I have quite a few photos of it I've got pictures of inside the cyclone full bins and and how well it bring up my carpet. How to write this in a rush so it's not the best thing I've ever wrote.

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram