I happened upon this the other week, looking sorry for itself and £free! Good old freecycle. SWMBO picked it up for me as well as it was on the way back from where she was one night
Poor thing wasnt without its flaws though
The extension tube was missing one of its buttons
The turbo brush had part of the parking bracket snapped off, although still clings on like a champ and parks
The day I got it, I removed and cleaned the filters, vacced out the bag chamber and fixed it. Listed for spares, apparently it had taken a tumble. Whilst tumbling, the bag chamber seal must have fallen out, as it was re-fitted upside down... A quick flip round and she was working well again!
The next night, I get a plea for help from a lady who'se DC33 I refurbished last year. They were moving to South Africa in 3 days time, their house was empty, DC33 was on the boat, did I have anything they could borrow to do a final clean? Of course, take the Miele. I got a fiver from them, which was a nice gesture since I didnt ask for anything.
2 days later it came back, I was cleaning SWMBO's car, and she made me nearly soil myself as she came up behind me as I was vacuuming it out. Full of thanks, but also full of apology, she had dropped it, and broken the tool holder. She asked how much a new one would cost, I said a tenner, and she gave me it there on the spot. I may have neglected to tell her that I've had a spare holder in the shed for a few years... £15 up already on a free cleaner! We said goodbye, I said good luck, and carried on vaccing the car. I was using ye old faithful Aquamaster, which was good, but I only have a crevice tool. Brainwave, I plugged the S6 in and gave it a thorough shakedown on the car. On full power it was brilliant on the carpets, although I had to turn it down to below halfway for the seats, as it just stuck otherwise.
Fun and games over, I messaged someone on another forum who had enquired about anything for sale before, interest was gained, so I commenced the refurbishment...
The bag has probably never fallen off, or overflowed, just leaked all out the bag and into the compartment...
The poor old filter
It originally came with an active charcoal filter
Which was ab it poorly
The status strip was long dead, apaprently these show the remaining life left in some way.
This wont be replaced, the airclean filters that come with the bags are more than good enough, plus the charcoal filters are fecking expensive, and that would put the price up...
Bag holder out
The hood unclips from the pivots
and the pedals unclip from the hood, bringing their springs with them
There is a big sponge diffuser that sits under the lid
The bag full piston (not a fan of these, they dont really show anything) pops out
it splits down nicely though
The hose entry socket unclips and splits in two
bag door latch pops out
The aformentioned bag chamber seal comes back out
2 screws and 2 clips pop the speed control housing out
which holds the circuit board and speed control. Going by the date printed on the PCB this machine is not even 2 years old, how much abuse do people want to give an expensive vacuum cleaner?
On/off switch clips in underneath the on/off button (obviously...)
and then it all pops out
This little spacer/rocker sits above the on/off switch
The knob pops out
Oooh, a later date!
The PCB plugs into the main wiring loom, which sits in the housing underneath it
Pop that out the way, remove 5 more screws and
This is the motor chamber seal, which came with the lid
Some sound deadening was clipped up there too
This black part unclips from the rest of the housing. Diffuser?
This part was even weirder, but pulled out from around a screwhole
The surround where the cord exits pops off
Onto the last layer now
The motor unplugs
and lifts out
The bracket that holds the rear in place
fan cover taps off
Fan is removed
Another 2014 date
Carbon brush holders unplug
Armature lifts out
It was quite clean
At the top of the motor housing is the thermal fuse
It sits inside it's little casing
The coil assembly eases out of the motor housing
and this tension strap falls out
More sound deadening sits under the motor
This and the foam top diffuser went through the washing machine and came up very nicely indeed!
The cord rewind cassette lifts out. I made doubly sure not to f
k with this, as it's the comfort reel, one press reels the whole cable in, so god knows how it tensions up, and a new one costs a frigging fortune!
I took the chance to check the cable wasnt about to do a standard Miele and break at this point
I could not get the pre motor filter cage out, so left it be!
The bleed valve sits here at the front
All the wheels are removed
and the main machine is done! Onto the tools now
Luckily this was just dirty and not worn
The litter pickers pop out
Turbo head now!
Utterly filthy and abused, but the brushes were not worn at all
Rubber deflector strip out. This makes it useable on hard floors as it stops it flinging the dirt backwards
The release valve pops out from the top cover
The turbine housing comes off with 2 screws
and the turbine and neck lift out
One small washer this side
The centre axle pulls out with a bit of persuasion, and the turbing splits into 2 halves
Another tiny washer, and loads and loads of hair before I cut it all off
The brushroll lifts out of the end caps, and the belt guard unclips from around it
I cleaned the threads/carpet off the brushroll
The end caps sit either end in the moulding
The wheels underneath pop out
Done! Non washables
Very nearly forgot the hose end too!
the suction release slider pops off