My dog peed on the motor head of my DC25. Without knowing, I turned on the brush bar and sparks started coming out of it. Argh! Quickly turned it off, emptied the pee out, waited for it to dry and tried again. After a couple of seconds, it started sparking again and the house's circuit breaker flipped.
So I bought a new head for it, installed it easily, but it still won't work. The actual main motor works fine but it hardly sucks anything up without the brush bar.
The yolk loom appears to be perfectly intact. Is it worth replacing the reset switch (near the 2 power switches)? Is there a separate fuse for the motor head that might have blown?