The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: panasonic information required  (Read 4566 times)

Offline absolutepurplelime

panasonic information required
« on: November 01, 2015, 08:54:03 pm »
Hello people. Picked up a MC-CG677 tonight brand new in box. I believe it has been in the box for atleast 8 years. Cant find much info about it online either. Bit of info would be helpful as ive never come across one of these before

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: panasonic information required
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 10:06:41 pm »
Is that a powered brushroll? Looks very cool,  is it bagged?
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 08:37:09 pm »
Hi beko, yes mate its a bagged cylinder with air driven turbo head. Has an auto setting that speeds up the motor according to the dust in the airflow. Simular to what hoover used to do.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 08:39:21 pm »
Aaaah thats cool, got to love feature rich quirky bagged cleaners! I've never seen one before. Does it work well? Is the brushroll stiff or soft?
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 08:58:44 pm »
How ever silly it sounds its simular to the dyson carbon fibre brush rolls. It has a row of really stiff brushes and a row of soft fibres then stiff brushes and fibre again. Only ran it over the matt last night and im away from home tonight. So will have a go tomorrow and report back. On the plus side just got to my friends and she has a brand new dc50 animal with the tangle free turbine head and dyson dog groom. Went upstairs to vacuum with it and their was a dyson air multiplier fan stood in the bedroom so its been quite an exciting house sit. How sad am i lol.

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 07:19:26 pm »
Hi beko as promised took some pictures of it out the box tonight. Used it in the lounge and it cleans really well. Cuts down to half power as an when it does not need to be running at 1400w aswell. Going to order some genuine bags and keep this one, guess how much it was.

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 07:21:42 pm »
ila_rendered* IMG_20151103_21460.jpg (94.72 kB. 576x1024 - viewed 427 times.)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 08:27:31 pm »
That looks great,  powernozzle looks a bit odd though with the random bits at the back! Looks fun though!

£12.67?

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram