The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: A parts monkey Hoover Junior U1346A  (Read 6408 times)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
A parts monkey Hoover Junior U1346A
« on: November 03, 2015, 09:19:02 pm »
I've had an interesting* Hoover Junior U1334a for years that needs work. Sadly the motor housing screws, and most of the others are seized in and very rounded. I picked this up today to help towards it's fixing

Hails from Cardiff

The belt spindle is nearly worn away to nothing!

as was the belt!

Underneath is very rusty and corroded though sadly

An expert in these matters tells me that this was a Genuine Hoover reconditioned machine, made up of parts bin stuff, hence the height adjuster markings on the hood but no height adjuster, and the dark brown trim parts. I have already ruined one of the stickers trying to find a ratings plate, but there is none.

I'm a bit torn now tbh, the 1334 I want the parts for is nothing too special, and one could say very much the wrong side of original, however the screws, handle bail and mintola brushroll strips from this would come in very handy, plus whatever else I find missing

The other option is to keep and refurbish this as is. As pointed out to me, it's probably rare by itself to be a gen hoover job, although the service stickers will destroy themselves as soon as I wash them, so will dissappear. The rust may be a buggar to remove too...

I will sleep on it for a few nights and see, don't really have any need or want to keep it, and none of the other collectors has said to refurb and keep it because of reasons... can we do polls on here?

I did change the belt and checked it ran though

Much better!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

Re: A parts monkey Hoover Junior U1346A
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 09:41:47 pm »
Personally I would keep that one and strip the other for spares if its condition is so bad.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 10:00:52 pm »
Mmmmm, this is the 1334 that I want to bring up to scratch

Painted up in the early 1970's, it runs really well but needs a good overhaul.

I might leave the 1346 alone now until I've had another go at the 1334 then, if all else fails I'll keep the refurbed junior, and just remove the service stickers, their the non waterproof kind anyway.

Damn, these hard choices we have to make! The motor screws on the 1334 will need hammering and plusgas to get them to move...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 10:04:38 pm »
hhmmmm   ohhhhhh ooowww  aaarrrrrrrrr  :D

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 10:09:53 pm »
What's more funky? The genuine hoover refurb or the painted up junior...

Offline Madrat

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 10:29:00 pm »
Both,     my brain hurts  :snivel:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 10:30:44 pm »
Lol

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration