The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Better Dyson DC24 to buy?  (Read 6397 times)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Better Dyson DC24 to buy?
« on: November 09, 2015, 03:34:05 pm »
So these two have popped up on eBay from the same guy, both have cleaner head faults and can only afford one, but not really sure which to get. The animal one's brush bar won't work and the all floors one has a noisy brush bar and I can see from the side that the end cap is sticking out the side. What would you go for?

PS Am I right in thinking that as long as the PCB is kept clean and dust free it will last?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dyson-DC24-Brush-bar-not-working-/371483288023?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dyson-DC24-noisy-brush-bar-/371483282904?hash=item567e210dd8:g:3i0AAOSw5VFWQJvL

Regards,
-Tayyab

Offline renault567

• Restorer/Collector of vacuum cleaners
Re: Better Dyson DC24 to buy?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 03:42:41 pm »
I would go for the animal. It looks in better condition and it has the sales sticker indicating 2011 onwards and that means it will be under gtee. If you get the prev owners name you can transfer it and get a new head. Bingo.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 03:46:08 pm »
I guess I could try that :P Thanks! ;D  :tiphat: I did that guarantee transfer with my DC41 which went well, it had a lot of parts replaced too. I also didn't know the sales sticker came out in 2011, you learn something new everyday  :thumbsup:

Offline renault567

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 03:49:28 pm »
I got a new cleaner head, hose and both pre and post filters for my 25 animal. The back hose has now been modified and reaches up the full 13 stairs, it is very springy and stretches easily, it is the best strech hose i have seen.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 03:53:21 pm »
Wow, I got a new hose from Dyson last month for my 41, it's not very long and reaches about 12 stairs, we have 2 flight of stairs in my house and it just about manages to reach to the top of the 13 stairs we have, we have a 14 step staircase too. I don't really overstretch Dyson hoses in fear of them ripping, but this is pretty much the same as the DC40 hose.

I find he DC01 to have the longest hose and I think that could reach about 16 stairs roughly, could reach to the top of my 14 stairs and clean some of the landing too.

Regarding the cleaner head, I got one from Dyson last year under guarantee and it's pretty much the same, but the DC24 ones have a slower RPM brush motor now :) Weirdly they don't have a reset switch at the side

Offline renault567

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 04:26:24 pm »
I wouldnt be conned into buying the 'special' turbo brush either. The mvacs one with adaptor works fine, and so does the standard genuine one.

I have had some right bargains tools wise. I got a clean and tidy kit with stubborn brush, soft dusting,matress and flexi crevice BNIB for £21 and a mini turbo for my dc25 for£6 brand new. Also got a up top tool for a tenner. Try mybid i sniper aswell for bidding. Never failed for me.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 04:33:06 pm »
Awesome! We got our DC25 Animal from Currys 4 years ago, it had that clear min turbine head and I liked it actually, Want one of those again, I have a purple car turbine head that comes with the DC14 vroom and old style car cleaning kits and it's not the best but not bad, I would love the tangle free head and the DC33/27/25/24 animal head too. I'm not buying it unless it comes with a Dyson I buy. They are OK heads but it feels like it's just a carpet sweeper as half the suction leaks out the side to drive the turbine

I like the stubborn dirt brush, I feel as though it would be very good to use in the boot cos even the mini turbine head cant clean it well due to soft bristles, used the cleaner head in the boot with our DC25 Animal and cos we live in a main road with lots of traffic and here's no parking except on the curb, it's embarrassing, lol.

Offline renault567

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 04:38:31 pm »
I got an argos vc-05 last sunday that i use for the cars. It is extremely powerful, came with 3 bags and it has a vax foorhead that can pick up pet hair and fine dust easily, it can even seal itself to the wall. I filled a bag after 5 days of daily use. I am seriously impressed. And the cord is longer than the karcher mv2. I could easily recommend it to anyone.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 04:57:37 pm »
Nice! We had two Argos value cylinders, one was a VC 301 bagged and another was the bagless version VC 04
They are not bad, really good for he price but the floor tools are horrible, good for hard floors only IMHO, great suction, better than the Dyson DC26!

I had a Proline UVC 18 vacuum, it was the exact type as the bagless Argos uprights. It was pretty loud but very powerful. Louder than a DC07 Origin with the type 2 de rooted cyclone aswell!

Offline renault567

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 04:59:13 pm »
The new floor tools are great best straight suction head ive used. The new one that is.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 05:02:37 pm »
Nice! I should try one out sometime, the best floor tool I used was the DC08 contact head. It seals in the suction pretty well and workd good. My Auntie's DC19 T2 has a flat out head which they got for it, it works really well and lifts mats off the floor. I don't really get on with cylinder machines much, I love uprights. The only cylinder vacuums I would get if they were cheap would be any motorhead Dyson, the ball ones, Henry's and Mieles only because they are cool. I even use upright Dysons in the car! lol. It's pretty good actually

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 06:29:03 pm »
I'd go for the first one, the purple one.

Being 'dead', it's probably the PCB, and I can post you the working pcb from that 99p fecked 24 I picked up the other week if you want?

The other one could have caused all sorts of damage as it 'made a funny noise', at least the 'dead' one would have just stopped and not flailed around. You could just need to push the reset button!

£22 is a bit steep though
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 07:24:58 pm »
Brill, cheers Sam ;D I'm going for the animal one

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter