The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC05 Motor Access Struggle  (Read 3709 times)

Offline macman

DC05 Motor Access Struggle
« on: December 02, 2015, 12:51:51 pm »
I'm really struggling with trying to do a motor change on an early DC05 Plus. This is the early type with 2 Torx T15 screws behind each wheel.
I've read elsewhere that it's not necessary to remove the hose elbow (which I've tried to do and failed) to change the motor. However without removing that, I can't remove the rewind button, and without removing that in turn, I can't remove the last Torx screw on that side.
It feels as if the motor housing will separate once I've got the last screw out, but the rewind button is in the way.
I've looked at the step by step on the dysonmedic site but I still can't see a way around this.
Can anyone help please?

Offline macman

Re: DC05 Motor Access Struggle
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 01:30:02 pm »
Got there in the end without removing the elbow, just needed to be brave and bend the wheels out a bit more to get the Torx driver in...

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 03:57:52 pm »
Just pop the wheels off, no need to remove the elbow. The wheels take some work, and do bend loads but pop off in the end. Big screwdriver wedged behind them and a big tug normally does it first time!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 06:31:43 pm »
Unless it the sort that has the wheels held on by peg's.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 06:37:47 pm »
Oh yea,  forgot about those! A large enough screwdriver will still get them off though.....
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram