I swapped this with another vacuum collector for 70% of a DC04 Constant Max. Afterboxing the dyson up awaiting next year when it can be posted, I gave this a refurb ready for sale
The day I received it
I vacuumed upstairs with it before christmas
and plonked it down on the rug the other day to take it apart. It was very clean tbh, almost didnt bother with a full refurb, but the plastics needed a good machining, and that's always easier with things in bits.
Small tools first. Dusting brush is a bit worse for wear sadly, although not as bad as it could be
Crevice tool wasn't mint
Upholstery brush was mint though
The style of floor tool this has is a bastard to to get back together again when stripped, so, as it was very clean anyway I left it alone, and just removed the litter pickers for washing
Non washables put to one side (the hose was clean enough to not need a trip through the washing machine)
Starting at the top of the main machine
and removed (a little too easily, the pivot points are slightly worn)
The spring that flings it open is removed next
Bag door next
Very clean (and very expensive when new) carbon air clean filter removed
The bag door hinge on the right pops off of it's locating peg, and pulls out of the machine
The other side is a bit different as the hinge also incorporates the power socket wiring.
Bag door off
wiring cover removed
The wiring side pops out of the housing
and unclips a bit so the hinge part can turn to 90 degrees, and locate in a little lug
to be removed. I could not get the wires out of the plug, even once the locating peg had been removed, so it stayed wired up!
and I removed the hose entry port and free'd the wiring up from that end
The wires easily came out of this end, and the whole lot could be removed from the bag door
The hose entry trim pops off the bag door now
and unscrewing the hose entry housing releases the bag full indicator module as well!
Bag door release catch off
and onto the bojack fitted baghttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jLwPeDZ8uyY/VoVLi_QfihI/AAAAAAAAwf0/0mHwlIMK_mU/s800-Ic42/upload_-1.jpg
This was fitted for sale, and I just dont like them! Into the bin it went
along with the pre motor filter
Bag holder pops out
as does the pre filter cage
Switch housing next. Screw out
The electronics are held in with 2 screws
The pedals and knob pop out
Main housing now. Screws out
What struck me first is that there is no sound deadening! I'm used to the S5's having them
With everything being modular and lovely, the motor lifted out
Very clean, no noise on wind down. Left this alone!
Cleaned the thermal cutout though just to be sure
Motor housing seal lifts off
as does the bag compartment seal
The wires to the cord rewind are routed a bit
One screw to remove and the whole thing lifts out
Again, left well alone cos it works great!
suction relief tube is removed
as is the release valve itself
which splits down nicely
and done! Screws
It was then all washed, and the shiney bits machine polished to make them shine once more, then re-assembled!
Motor and cord rewind dropped in
I then realised I hadn't fitted the wheels, so left them for later
Motor housing seal on
then the bag compartment seal, which actually goes in first as the motor housing seal holds it down at the back....
Bumper and side parking slot on
Buggar, forgot the release valve. Cord rewind out quickly...
Parking bracket screwed down
Relief pipe fitted
Main housing could be refitted now
Now everything was secured I could flip her over and fit the wheels.
Wheel housings fitted
The axles got a drop of oil to stop the Miele squeaky wheel syndrome, and were refitted
Back up top now, the switch housing was clipped back together
and the electronics refitted, being careful to put the overheat warning lamp down into it's little housing
I then refitted the power cord, plug and hose entry housing together, as they all hold themselves in. Forgotten at this stage is the release catch, which also has to go in now due to the housing holding it together...
Wire cover refitted
and the bit of trim clipped down
Bag full indicator fitted
screwed down, then the bag door was fitted to the machine
Dusting brush re-assembled
as was the upholstry tool
which all sit in their little slots here
The carbon filter fitted
and the machine is done!
I refitted the litter pickers to the floor tool, and gave the baseplate a polish
and the top
Fast forward to today. I was in work today, it was booked off but I had to use a day for when the boy was in hospital, so chose the day we leave work at 1pm to use... The bags had turned up tues or weds it seemed
Bit battered sadly
But the contents is fine. Feels odd not having to cut the pre motor filter to size!
I re-fitted the bag holder (as fitting it without a bag present means the bag door wont shut)
and fitted a lovely HyClean bag to it (not 3d HyClean sadly, must have been sent old stock)
Fitted an air freshener
and called it done!
Currently trying to sell it via a raffle before trying ebay and facebook!