The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Worlds biggest Dyson Joblot?  (Read 7474 times)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Worlds biggest Dyson Joblot?
« on: December 31, 2015, 10:02:11 pm »
This is amazing, I would love to go there and walk into that MASSIVE room with all those Dysons! Oh I just wish I owned that, think of all the rare models and all the money made from selling the common ones ;D  8)
http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/30/warehouse-full-of-discounted-goods-is-bargain-hunters-paradise-5592586/?utm_content=buffer7b8c8&utm_medium=Social+-+Facebook&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=Facebook

Offline Sids Spares

• Vacuumologist
Re: Worlds biggest Dyson Joblot?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 11:33:29 pm »
They're all from the Dyson trade-in. There's a lot of crap but some good stuff too. They sell the ball models as single lots. Same thing with DC33's and DC27's. The rest are usually sold in lots of 10 machines. About 18 months ago I was buying the lots of 10 along with the 33's, 24's and 25's. I was buying about 100 to 150 a time and the average cost worked out to about £2.50 a machine. The last auction the had a couple of weeks ago, the lots of 10 were going for nearly £100 hammer price though.

The way it works is you pay the hammer price plus VAT. Then there's the 20% buyer premium on the hammer price and that has vat too.

It's not just Dysons they do. Sebos are sold in single lots, as are Kirbys, Henrys and Orecks. All the other makes are lumped into the mixed lot of 10. I've seen some old Hoovers and Electrolux in those lots too.

One guy that goes there just buys Henrys. Then there are those that but the white goods. I buy mostly Dyson but have had some cookers, washing machines and fridge/freezers too. Made good money on everything I have had from there. Marchington is the best one to go to. Derby has good stuff too but Nottingham seems to have the rubbish. Stay away from the microwaves!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 12:33:43 am »
Very nice! If I lived closer I would have loved to bought some models I want. How much do the Dysons there cost max?

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 12:35:56 am »
Ps I thought that Dyson just crush all their trade in vacuums?

Offline Sids Spares

• Vacuumologist
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 01:53:41 pm »
If you bid and win you can ask them to box for courier collection. They will do that and email you the dimensions and weight. Book your courier an email the label back to them and they will put the label on ready. They're not too fussy about packing though so there is a risk of damage. Collecting is the best way. The Marchington site is on an industrial estate about 10 minutes from Uttoxeter, easy to find. You can go and view before bidding online, but I never have. I just open up the pictures of each lot to see whats in it. Origins and Animals sell well for me, both in 07 and 14. Also 04's in silver/lime.

Dysons used to sell quite cheap but now everyone thinks they can make big money on them, it has driven prices up. £100 for one lot of 10. But after the vat and premium that brings it to £144, so £14.40 each plus your delivery/collection costs. Much more than the £2.50 average I was paying 18 months ago! Max price? Depends on what you think its worth. Handhelds and later ball models go for most 'cos individuals buy for themselves so will pay more than those who want to profit. £80 upwards. 33's £20 to £30. They have a few on right now which look like customer returns. Marchington, ends on the 4th. Have a look. Free to register and you can put them in a watch list too. Only bid if you want them though, as if you do win and don't pay, they will ban you from future auctions. I asked in the office if I could buy some stuff but was told they cannot sell it as they have sent reminders to the buyer and if they don't respond, they get banned and it goes into the next auction.

John Pye report back in real time to whoever is the seller of the lots, the prices that they get. They're good at what they do. John Pye, himself, has a rather nice Bentley!

Wait until the next Dyson trade-in starts and after a couple of weeks you will start to see them being sold by Pyes. Rows and rows of them standing like soldiers! They sell them every week over a few weeks. Some will have the recycle stickers on them, some will have Dyson trade-in written on them. Some of the machines are a pile of sh1t. I'd be embarrassed to take them into a shop as a trade-in.

I think it's all about making the money, so sell - not crush.

Offline Madrat

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 02:38:01 pm »
Can you buy on line? do they have a website?

Offline Sids Spares

• Vacuumologist
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 02:53:36 pm »
www.johnpye.co.uk

All their auctions are here. You can't bid in person, only online. If you win, they send you an invoice to pay. Pay online or in person when you collect. You get 2 days to pay and collect after the auction ends. They need to get the stuff out quickly so they can set the next auction up.

Bidding starts at £2 and the auctions last 4 days. When you bid right at the end, it will add another 3 minutes to the end time so another bidder could come in. If they then bid, another 3 minutes gets added on. There are no reserves on the items.

I've managed to get 150 Dysons in my van. It was rammed though, so since then, I only try for 100 max. I've bought all sorts of stuff from them, mostly to sell on, but some for myself too.

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration