The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Washing hoses  (Read 13453 times)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: Washing hoses
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2016, 11:27:29 pm »
We had a 8 year old Bosch washing machine. Worked brilliant, almost flawlessly till last month. We now have an Indeshit Washing machine (9KG).

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2016, 11:16:53 am »
I load up 7 or 8 hoses,  as many filters as I have and all my cleaning cloths and/or towels,  80 degree wash for 3 hours,  brings them up like new,  and cleans the washing machine out too.

I have done before and afters before,  can't remember where they are though on here.  Maybe in the fixing hoses thread?
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Tonymini145

• Dyson fan, stripper & restorer
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 09:18:37 pm »
Well I thought I'd trial it today and threw one in with a few filters and wow I can't believe the outcome! Great little trick

Offline Madrat

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 09:47:13 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 08:54:45 am »
Hmmm, I'd want to put a towel in personally... Depends how much you like your machine lol.
I have a new Samsung, cost me an arm and a leg so I'd make sure the drum and agitators aren't going to be damaged.
I usually put car parts in my dishwasher, I have put a bin in there before, it came out alright ;) 
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2016, 09:03:31 am »
I always put towels or car cleaning microfibres in to absorb the banging,  and hopefully the rubbing action on the outside of the hose helps to clean it
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2016, 09:08:13 am »
That's it yeah... ;)
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2016, 09:15:53 am »
Dont put dc01 hepa filters,  dc03 filters or panasonic icon filters in though,  youll have a bad time!

Offline Tonymini145

• Dyson fan, stripper & restorer
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2016, 09:27:59 am »
Dont put dc01 hepa filters,  dc03 filters or panasonic icon filters in though,  youll have a bad time!

:)). I made that mistake with a 14 hepa the other day the hepa sort of exploded and I had fibres everywhere in the washing machine  :'(

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2016, 10:32:06 am »

:)). I made that mistake with a 14 hepa the other day the hepa sort of exploded and I had fibres everywhere in the washing machine  :'(

Clean out the pump, and filter in your machine and do a 95 degrees wash to clear it out.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2016, 11:34:53 am »
We had a Bosch 1400 classix express, was a reliable machine for 9 years and broke down the other month. Had literally no problems washing Dyson filters, hoses and stuff! Then I tried it with our new crappy Indeshit and it FREAKING SHRUNK my DC07 pre motor filter!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2016, 11:50:57 am »
We had a Bosch 1400 classix express, was a reliable machine for 9 years and broke down the other month. Had literally no problems washing Dyson filters, hoses and stuff! Then I tried it with our new crappy Indeshit and it FREAKING SHRUNK my DC07 pre motor filter!

It won't have been the machine that shrunk it, it would have been the settings you had it on... Most likely you unknowingly had it on a hotter wash than you thought.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2016, 12:47:01 pm »
Oh :/ We had it on 90 degrees
Thanks!

Offline Sids Spares

• Vacuumologist
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2016, 01:02:25 pm »
Quite common when you change machines that the programs are different. Ask my wife! When we changed machines she put what used to be a 30 min quick wash on and it took nearly 3 hours. All she did was complain all the way through. I did think of telling her to press the cancel button, but then I would not get the fun of asking her when the washing will finish.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2016, 02:14:05 pm »
Haha, I always use the correct settings for what I'm washing, those are all 3 hour settings ;P

Can't see the point in using a quick wash when your garments won't be washed properly lol.

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram