The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC14 Samsung Motor replacement - black wire too short to reach connector.  (Read 3785 times)

Offline PaulS

Looking for advice on replacing a motor in my girlfriend's DC-14.  The old motor which failed is one of the Samsung VCM-K50VV motors which apparently are not available any more.  I've got a genuine Dyson replacement YV-2200 which I am now trying fit...  but I’m having a nightmare getting the new motor back into the fan casing (I’ve done this before on a DC07 no problems…)

The issue I’m having is that the black wire from the new motor seems fractionally shorter than the black wire on the old Samsung one, so every time I try to line the motor up correctly with the casing, the black wire pulls out of its connector.  Am I missing something here… my only thought is to try and lengthen the wire from the motor with a chocolate box connector, but this doesn’t seem like a great idea to have a connector floating around in the fan casing?

Any advice/thoughts?  Anyone else come across the same issue?

Thank you!

Paul

Offline Sleaford White

Hiya Paul
Try swapping the thermal fuse from the old motor and rub a thin layer of fairy liquid around the rubber casing to aid shoving it into the motor bucket. If that doesn't work, move the rubber bit around the drive shaft a notch. Sometimes the connectors fit better if you push them in rotated 180 degrees. Also, if the motor has shat it's self, change the post motor filter as you will never get rid of the stink.

H

Offline bluebumble485

try  a spot of super glue on connector the try a twist of the small rubber one hole to make it more wire in theory

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Tape the connectors together,  and fit the notched motor rubber so the wiring block sits as close to the cable entry as it can whilst still fitting where it should rubber wise.  Fairy liquid too,  makes it so much easier!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram