The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Miele? Over to you Beko  (Read 11493 times)

Offline Madrat

Miele? Over to you Beko
« on: January 29, 2016, 12:39:47 pm »
Picking this up later tonight for my neighbour, he needs a quiet vac, cant stand the howl of a dyson after ear surgery  :-X

https://www.gumtree.com/p/vacuum-cleaners/miele-cylinder-vacuum-cleaner-hoover-tools-%C2%A35-off-if-you-trade-in-a-vacuum-/1152608218

Over to you Beko, what is it, what do I look for, and isn't there something about not using pattern bags on Miele?

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Miele? Over to you Beko
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 02:46:16 pm »
Very nice! My mums has that shape one but with the older slider adjustment and 1500w motor.

Check that the motor sounds nice, and turns up and down smoothly.
Genuine service box indeed, no idea off my head what the code is (FJM or GN) but either bang the serial number and 'bags' into google and look, or the existing bag may say if its genuine. Then buy a box off ebay for a tenner delivered!
Missing its dusting brush

It will be very similar to this to take apart https://manchestervacs.co.uk/DysonForum/index.php/topic,2118.0.html although the body is slightly different (the bag door catch/front end mainly.

Looking at the hallways it's pictured in, the area and the name it's the same person my red one above came from (which is currently lost in the lost, bastard parcelforce). George is a collector, i'll point him at this thread! It'll be a goodun if it is
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 02:59:00 pm »
Nice one!
O and out of curiosity what Dyson does your neighbour have?

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 03:20:34 pm »
Yes, it's Georges!

You may be about to see alot of cool dysons later! I swapped my DC04 Constant Max for my Miele, the 04 looks good now from what I've seen!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 03:33:58 pm »
Nice one!
O and out of curiosity what Dyson does your neighbour have?

DC04 brush control

Offline Madrat

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 03:36:29 pm »
Yes, it's Georges!

You may be about to see alot of cool dysons later! I swapped my DC04 Constant Max for my Miele, the 04 looks good now from what I've seen!

Yes he text me wile I was cleaning out the ducks, It's a small world  :thumbsup:

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 03:43:19 pm »
Cool! 😎

Offline dysondestijl

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 07:02:19 pm »
Was nice to meet you! I realised as you'd gone out the door that I should have shown you what machines I have in my collection, damn it!
At least you know where I am now, should you ever want to!
George

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 07:16:49 pm »
Damn! You'll have to buy another quality vacuum off him soon!

Or, knowing the stiff you two get, I'm sure you'll find something to swap soon enough!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 08:53:56 pm »
Nice to meet you too, apologise to your neighbour when you see him, went to his house first  :-\  well its very dark round by you  :whist11:

The Miele is still it the boot and it will stay there until tomorrow, it's absolutely persisting it down, just before I hit the M69 I thought I was going to have to swap the VW for a boat  :boggleeye:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 09:08:30 pm »
When I went to see George I shot straight past his house and had to go another 4 miles to turn around.  Xm didn't like those roads,  barely got out of 2nd gear!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 09:23:04 pm »
Yes that road is a bit narrow, not as bad as the one I ended up on once with the caravan on the back, that was in Belper.  Just a bit wider than the van, down hill all the way with low stone wall each side and it was pitch black  :snivel:  My arse made a peak in the drivers seat that night  :o

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 09:25:32 pm »
Lol

Offline dysondestijl

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 09:43:12 am »
Sorry about that Sam, saw you go straight past, eventually found your phone number to grab you back! Yeah your xm looked massive, but at least it was full of stuff  :))
Unfortunatly for Madrat the streetlight outside is out currently, coupled with darkness makes it rather difficult to find my place now!!
As for the Miele, there is an air freshener in the bag as it may smell a little musty with being in the conservatory for the past 2 months ;)

Offline Madrat

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 10:53:42 pm »
Neighbour is over the moon with the Miele (S312i-2 by the way) even on full power it doesn't affect his hearing  :thumbsup:

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration