The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Hoover 262 - Stripdown and Refurb  (Read 15496 times)

Offline dysondc16

Re: Hoover 262 - Stripdown and Refurb
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 11:41:50 pm »
Paper bag adaptor? :whist11:

Offline Madrat

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 11:48:06 pm »
Think all dirty fan machines with exposed belts would have done the same.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 11:55:47 pm »
Replace paper bag with a numatic hepaflo,  along with the blower attachment and you wont be far off!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 11:56:44 pm »
I dunno,  most machines of its type dont like big clumps of your girlfriends hair,  it all went under the belt and lifted it up and threw it off the spindle!

I have had a plan for the bag,  its a bit heath robinson but it may just work! Shes back up in the loft for now though to stop Eva playing with it,  so it can wait for another day!

Keep me informed please I have a junior 1224 I want  to do the same with.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 08:52:32 pm »
How does the handle come off?
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 08:59:12 pm »
A junior style nut and bolt at the bottom, one piece handle though. The cables run internally with a plug and socket arrangement inside. I nearly got this down to use in January, but it's not running quite right. The belt catches on the baseplate, slowing the machine down and the head/brushroll doesn't seem to touch the floor... It went back in the loft, unless anyone fancies a cheapish project?
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 09:02:27 pm »
A junior style nut and bolt at the bottom, one piece handle though. The cables run internally with a plug and socket arrangement inside. I nearly got this down to use in January, but it's not running quite right. The belt catches on the baseplate, slowing the machine down and the head/brushroll doesn't seem to touch the floor... It went back in the loft, unless anyone fancies a cheapish project?

Depends what you call cheapish? I'm currently in negotiations with somebody on one, but posting it is becoming a bit of a problem as trying to explain how to take it apart to box it up isn't going down well...
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 09:09:52 pm »
I'd want £40 for mine plus post, although mine has the above 2 issues and the brushroll didn't go together 100%.

Tell the person selling yours to stop being a knob and take the handle off. The first few pics in the thread show it, you've obv not actually read it! The handle will be a pain to wrap and post, but that's not your problem!

Ill have a look at mine one day, it's probably something  simple, or it works fine and out carpet is too short, may take it round to mums and give it a go, her carpet is deeper

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 09:20:29 pm »
I'd want £40 for mine plus post, although mine has the above 2 issues and the brushroll didn't go together 100%.

Tell the person selling yours to stop being a knob and take the handle off. The first few pics in the thread show it, you've obv not actually read it! The handle will be a pain to wrap and post, but that's not your problem!

Ill have a look at mine one day, it's probably something  simple, or it works fine and out carpet is too short, may take it round to mums and give it a go, her carpet is deeper

No I didn't read the whole lot, only looked at the photos of the handle because I don't like reading.
The person selling the one I'm after is selling it a lot cheaper than yours however it looks like they've managed to box it up now. I'm quite excited, it reminds me of Pennsylvania. 

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2017, 09:25:16 pm »
Sweet, look forward to the video!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2017, 09:27:37 pm »
Thank you.

You should use yours as a tester of your new phone :)

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram