So, I had this apart the other night!
The hose had gone through the wash previously, hence not fitted
Blank screw card
Undo the screw, and pull the handle up slightly. Then, pull the inside part up and out (outer/top part wont come out yet)
The mains cable sits under the clamp, then the inner cores clip to the clamp
The mains cable is held into the switch with screw terminals
The mains cable pulls out of the handle when unscrewed from the switch
Neutral and a black wire sit on one side of the other side of the switch
Switch unwired, it pushes out from behind
With the cables unplugged, the other part of the handle pulls out of the, erm, handle!
The little black cable goes down to a tiny ring, which sits under the handle to earth against the metal part
At the other end of the handle is the socket, which is held in with a small tab
The terminals didnt want to let go, so I left them
Handle done, I took the suction tube off, and couldn't find any way to get it apart so left it whole!
This bit didn't move
So I took the bag compartment off the motor head and started on that.
I've been using it loads, even to clean out other minging, blocked vacs (it's got 2 dc07 cyclones of crap in it ontop of everything else) and it's still only half full! Buggar all suction though
Next is the bag release mechanism
The best way I found is to pop the orange tabs out at the top and slide the grey part out the bottom
The piece that stops the bag door being fitted if there's no bag unclips and withdraws from the frame
It has a small spring
There's a cover on the inside of the bag door latch that unscrews
This is where the bit I have no idea where it goes came from, the small metal piece at the top...
Anyway, the filter is removed
Sadly, breakage happened. I didn't know it came apart on one corner, tried to flick it off with a screwdriver, and snapped it. So I'll need a new one of those...
The top inner part of the bag housing has the hose entry port, and the bag holder on the other. It pops and wriggles out
There's a rubber seal
and a peice of metal that isn't a spring
We can see where the spinal cord runs now the top piece is removed
It's only held in with the removed piece so falls out
The top 2 cable camps unscrew
3 screws release the lower cord hook
It 'latches' around its rotation using a metal spring that sits inside the inner piece
Time for remove the piece of metal that stops the machine being used with no filter
Sitting underneath the bag housing is the plug for the lower join of cable, held in with 2 screws
But the terminals didnt come out of the housing, so back up to the top
A bit of pulling
and removing the bottom cord clamp
and the cord withdraws from the bag housing
Some screws underneath here now
and with considerable effort the lower bit comes away from the bag housing
The release button lifts out of the housing
There's another rubber seal under here too
The 2 tool clips snap out of the housing
Time for the main unit now!
we are at this stage with the screws
Old post motor filter out
Bit of a build up under the rear baseplate
2 screws release the hood
This piece of sound deadening sits behind the post filter
The Electronics are much simpler than I imagine the auto height ones are!
Thin ribbon cable
and it unscrews
The brushroll release button lifts out of it's holder
The springs were a bit filthy
More sound deadening under the top cover
A little cover covers over the pivot mechanism
The belt goes over the spindle underneath a cover
The support for the bag housing falls out of it's locating hole very easily
The motor unplugs and lifts out
Looking a bit barer now
Rear wheels now, they are held in with 3 metal tags and screws
I popped one of the wheel caps off to see what was what, saw one of those horrible spring clamps and put the cap back on...
The release pedal unclips from the wheel axle
I unscrewed the smaller, rear PCB now
Here is the other end of the ribbon cable
and the other end of the motor cable
These cables disappear inside the pivot assembly
Which unscrews at the front, unclips from the back and removes itself from the main motor unit
PCB fully unplugged
This vent hole was a bit blocked
A plastic ring pulls off the sub chassis
The blockage/bag full sensor sits here
Let's start stripping it down!
The very top bit holds the contact pad, with the rest of the assembly holding the sprung unit
I did attempt to remove the electrical connectors, but they wouldn't come out so left them be
Where are we?
The socket within the pivot assembly pops out and the wires pull out
and the wires pull out of the socket to aid re-assembly as the angled connectors were a tight fit
Another spacer ring
It took me ages to work out/remember where this bit came from, it's the dooberry that pushes the height adjuster wheel right down when the machine is upright
The height adjuster knob wiggles out around the bar
Flipping the machine over, there's a cover that covers the centre wheel axle
The cover also holds the little orange trapdoor in place
The wheel car convelutes out of the chassis
Nearly there! Belts and cogs next
This was really cool, it's sprung, I presume to stop the brushroll coming to a dead stop.
Brushroll drive cog
Front metal baseplate off
Each brushroll protecting bar pops out
it's finally EMPTY!