The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson DC07 Valve Issue  (Read 5118 times)

Offline mcam435

Dyson DC07 Valve Issue
« on: February 10, 2016, 08:45:41 pm »
Hi! I've just taken apart my DC07 animal to replace the motor (took me a while ;) ). I've got it all back together now but the suction of the main floor part is not working. Brush is spinning etc. Meanwhile the hose part at the back, is working perfectly.

I have this exact problem: (that's not mine, but still, same problem).

It looks like when you put the floor part down, the valve is not switching fully all the way over, and leaves a gap to the hose so it ends up sucking through both holes.

I have looked at this: https://manchestervacs.co.uk/DysonForum/index.php/topic,382.0.html but that's not really the same problem.

It's almost certainly something I've done wrong putting it back together, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Any ideas please?

Thanks!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: Dyson DC07 Valve Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 09:58:43 pm »
Hi and welcome to the site! :tiphat:

There could be different reasons to this problem of the cleaner being stiff to stand upright. I had this problem with my DC14 when I was replacing the motor once and it was because I hadn't fitted the motor housing correctly. If you face the motor housing, the motor spindle is on the left for the belt. Around that there is a large plastic groove for the cleaner head to slide into (everytime the head is kicked down to start vacuuming or pushed upright)

Regarding loss of suction, this could be down to the motor housding not being fitted correctly because there's a filter housing next to it by the wheel which has to be sealed (by the seal on the motor retainer). If you could block the suction at the hose with your hand, do you hear suction leaking out rapidly? This may not happen immediately. If you can hear it, that's the air relief valve kicking in. If you can't, I believe the motor housing needs to be fitted in properly.

There is one more thing- regarding the small hose underneath the vacuum. It's vital for the hose to be fitted correctly on both ends (twisted onto the purple brush housing and then the grey rubbery/plastic end goes in the machine end)
When fitted correctly, check to see if the soleplate is in perfect contact with the floor with the machine reclined

Hope this helps :)

Offline mcam435

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 06:37:30 pm »
Hi! Thank you for the reply!

So I've given it a once over, checking everything you have mentioned. I've managed to fix the snapping into place issue. Seems there was a screw I missed, and the belt housing was getting caught...  ::)

The suction from the floor part still seems to be an issue though. I've double checked the hose leading from the main part to the purple brush housing. I actually pulled it off, and the suction from that seems pretty strong (at least, equally as strong as it does from the proper hose). The brush is definitely spinning, and I can't feel any air leaking. If I block the hose there's a very noticeable difference in pitch (which it has always done I believe).
It almost seems like it's the brush housing but I can't see what could possibly be wrong with that?

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 06:39:43 pm »
Is the base plate fitted correctly? the front needs to be clipped in properly or it leaks all the suction and lifts the brushroll off the carpet.

Does the baseplate have any seals or not?
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 07:06:19 pm »
You're welcome! Glad one of the problems have been solved :thumbsup:

I agree with Beko1987 ^ and if there's no seals in the baseplate, check if they are in the purple housing (black foam seals)

Offline mcam435

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 05:36:40 pm »
Gah, the floor plate was ever so slightly off on one end. No seals or anything, but after refitting it properly it seems to be going pretty good. The wife is very happy ;)

Thank both for your help!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 06:33:55 pm »
Awesome! Glad to have helped ;D If you ever have any questions or need any help you are more than welcome to ask :)
Happy Dysoning!

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration