The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: My new Dyson DC33 Animal  (Read 7710 times)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
My new Dyson DC33 Animal
« on: February 13, 2016, 11:41:17 am »
Hi ;D

I bought this Dyson DC33 Animal because I wanted one, it had the soft dusting brush which I needed and mini turbine head which I wanted, and deffo had it's guarantee because it's only from 2011 I predicted and I was right! It was manufacured in August 2011 and the guarantee expires in November 2016.

The guy said it still sucked but won't pick anything up- The filter was blocked, and had extremely little suction at the hose
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DYSON-DC33-ANIMAL-UPRIGHT-VACUUM-CLEANER-SPARES-AND-REPAIRS-NOT-WORKING-SPARE-/161955453856?hash=item25b54c1ba0:g:ThsAAOSwuYVWolhd

I got it, I really wanted to strip it down to the motor but couldn't because it's impossible to put the motor back into it's housing without lubricant and in fear the motor might blow up before the guarantee expires  (DC33's love burning out don't they?)

So I called Dyson and now I have the following parts arriving;
Soleplate
Bin
Cyclone
Wand
Internal hose

I cleaned it up (removing all removable parts and the only thing I stripped was the cyclone)

Quite happy with it, made a nice replacement after my DC14 All floors sadly burnt out for no reason! That one was a January 2008 model

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
Re: My new Dyson DC33 Animal
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 06:44:07 pm »
Parwaz's photos:

If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: My new Dyson DC33 Animal
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 07:11:33 pm »
Soo I used bleach on the post motor filter and tried to make it white and that's my best result, then used scented shower gel in it because it's got a really nice strong smell and it works good! Doesn't smell of bleach now ;D

When I was taking the pics I didnt realise the outer cyclone cone thing wasn't in properly though...

The soft dusting brush is great! Love feeling it and it's almost like silk... oh I love touching it ;D

The mini turbine head is also cool and I stripped it down too

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram