The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson Dc 14 Animal cyclone pressure valve issues  (Read 6248 times)

Offline Br1son

Dyson Dc 14 Animal cyclone pressure valve issues
« on: March 28, 2016, 08:14:18 pm »
Hello please may i ask i have a head scratch issue which i can not seam to find a remedy.I have a dyson dc14 animal and the cyclone release valve keeps coming on when i apply my hand over the wand end and does not have a issue when the head is down,I have taken it apart right down to the motor case and cleaned and checked everything as i built it back up.I have used a piece of hose to push down each section and they were clear i have even tried a second cyclone as i thought i may have a faulty one but it did the same thing, i have checked the wand all clear,checked the hose all clear,checked the bottom pipes all clear so apart from the motor i can not find any thing oh i have also jet washed the cyclone out to make sure there were no blockages has anyone had the same issues that could help me.

Offline Madrat

Re: Dyson Dc 14 Animal cyclone pressure valve issues
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 08:36:39 pm »
It's supposed to, you have stopped the air to the motor with your hand so the release valve opens.

Offline Br1son

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 08:50:23 pm »
Hi Madrat thank you for the advice i have done the same thing on another dc14 i have placing my hand over the top of the wand to prove suction and that one does not do it, the last dc14 i had that was doing the same thing i found there was a blockage in the pipe stopping suction and building pressure causing the valve to open hence my confusion that one does it and the other one does not could there be any other reason

Offline Madrat

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 08:58:15 pm »
The valve is designed to release when air flow is poor, if you have one that doesn't open when you cover the wand then it probably has an air leak somewhere or a stuck valve.

Offline Br1son

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 09:04:42 pm »
ok thank you for the advice

Offline Madrat

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 09:10:54 pm »
 :tiphat:

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand