The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Kirby G4  (Read 12919 times)

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
Kirby G4
« on: February 16, 2016, 07:35:52 pm »
I found a Kirby G4 lurking in the corner, so here it is...

This is the first video from how I got it, I've just filmed the next bit and the first test so that'll be up when I edit and render it  :thumbsup:
It's a lovely Vacuum, shame I'll have to sell it lol.

[/size][/font][/b]
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Kirby G4
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 11:19:52 am »
£10 is a proper bargain for that! The first thing I though of when you mentioned the green light was belt. I had a G5 (£10 from the car boot, all the tools, that was an ace find) and the belt was so loose it wouldn't spin, and the green light was dim. New belt, and boom, bright light!

What's with the subliminal messages in your video?

I bet that was 'put into storage, but oh, we hoovered the garage out once or twice to check it works" then it got slightly damp! Or she lied, people in posh houses do that.
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 11:43:46 am »
Haha yeah well, I did notice the outside of her house was like in a movie, spotless, and inside was amazing too... She seemed honest enough, but I don't really mind because it's a lovely Vacuum...

I'm off out in an hour to collect another Kirby... Stay tuned to see how it goes... Also, a bargain price!
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 12:19:17 pm »
I havent had a Kirby fot a few years,  want one now!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 12:53:23 pm »
Awesome! I'm sure it will look like new with your magic wipes and techniques :P
I want a Kirby Sentria, or an Avalir someday

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 06:53:44 pm »
I'll put a thread up of the Heritage tomorrow ;)

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 07:25:55 am »
Well, here is the G4 working after a small clean, I'm still to polish it and finish it off ;)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Kerry78

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 08:34:38 pm »
Rustyskull I see you have a fetish for Kirbys good going anyway lol 😁

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 09:06:49 pm »
Lol, I like to collect old things, I have radios that are 40 years old and TV's that are just as... I like the style of Kirby's and Royals but the fact that the ones I have are old always amazes me! The newer ones I have no interest in at all...  The oldest I have at the moment is 1979. However I have a Vacuum, not a Kirby but it's from 1925 (Or so they tell me).

Offline Kerry78

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 03:33:38 am »
I saw a video of you using ur radio on youtube some Americans where chatting lol pretty cool that, does that vintage vac still work fully? 😊

Kirbys are great at cleaning up I remember this sales guy showing a neighbour when I was at there's years ago its collected up so much white dust even though the carpet looked clean, I reckon a Kirby would kick ass at cleaning up the dust my cockatiels leave everywhere 😉 just think there very expensive and unattractive looking 😂

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 06:49:50 am »
New ones are stupidly expensive lol. The poor fools who bought them new must have had a screw loose, same goes for the people who buy the new ones new now days... But £10 for an old bit of history is a good investment I think ;)

Also, I like the idea of getting them old stuff, keeping it well and then in 30 or 40 years time my kids will find them and most of the stuff I have will be almost or over 100 years old by then! How kool is that!

Offline Kerry78

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 02:14:11 am »
People get roped into buying them after they see all the muck they get up especially
If you think the carpet is clean and the thing then vacs up all the white dirt 😂

I wouldn't buy one even for that but still yeah what your doing is kewl and one day your kids might follow suit too unless they decide to sell them cos there worth alot being old and collectable 😉

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 06:38:40 am »
Lol yeah haha.

I picked one up last night with all the original paper work. It shows in 1989 they took a loan out for £700 to pay for it.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 11:40:44 am »
Really? Wow, some people are easily sold!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 12:54:54 pm »
Yup,

The video will go live soon and I'll post it on here.
They took a loan out, and also had it serviced regularly for stupid money... In 1989 £700 must have been a damn load of money!

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram