The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: why does my dyson DC58 DO THIS  (Read 4034 times)

Offline ClassicDysonDealer

why does my dyson DC58 DO THIS
« on: February 20, 2016, 10:41:57 pm »
thumbs up to madrat  I used his pic

but here we go I use my dc58 for busting tv, winder sill  things like that no D.I.Y stuff

and it keeps doing this see pic

P.S I miss my DC31
Hi there i am a dyson collector but only the older models AND I refurbish dyson's too

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
Re: why does my dyson DC58 DO THIS
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 08:43:44 am »
Just one of the things you have to put up with in a bagless I suppose... I usually just clean it off and off I go again ...
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 10:19:22 am »
The newer ones (this style)  seem to do this more than the older style of shroud though.

Agree with Rusty,  regular cleaning is your friend here.  So much more effort than just changing a bag
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline ClassicDysonDealer

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 10:35:02 am »
I know to clean them I use the vax 121 1990  but my old dc31 didn't do this no where near as much

you wonder why I hate new dysons  :angryman:
Hi there i am a dyson collector but only the older models AND I refurbish dyson's too

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 12:41:50 pm »
Actually the DC58 is better than the DC31, because the DC58 has a screen for the shroud, which is like a sieve material so the filter won't get as dirty. Hair can't get to the pre filter and grit probably cant either, my DC41 filter never gets washed and was still spotless 7 months later and it hhas a metal screen

The DC31 has large holes which makes the filter more likely to get dirty and the cyclone more dirty, also more blockages are likely because larger things can pass through, especially when it's a handheld and it gets angled for different awkward areas, the dirt goes towards the shroud.

I would much rather have that get dirty than having to wash the filter all the time ;)

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration