The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Forum on Tapatalk???  (Read 11269 times)

Offline ade555

Forum on Tapatalk???
« on: February 26, 2016, 08:02:10 pm »
I'm going to make suggestion about creating mvacs on Tapatalk, I believe would offer current users ease of access using smart phone, also is very user friendly for uploading pictures from phone directly to threads/posts which would help with "oh what is this part" ect.  :thumbsup:

What do you think? 

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Forum on Tapatalk???
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 08:21:34 pm »
I hate tapatalk! Always turn it off on my phone and tablet! I can never upload straight to here anyway due to the small file limit,  the file upload size is made for iphones and other old rubbish,  not 3mb pictures!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 08:25:18 pm »
I tried TapTalk once on another forum and hated it, I use this Forum and others using FireFox on my phone, no problems at all and is far easier than using an App. Especially that one lol.
Some may like it I dare say, but for me, it's not something I would  support or use I'm afraid to say ;)
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline ade555

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 08:28:42 pm »
Well I'm using on 5 other sites and never had a problem, also notification when someone quote your post, Well maybe is not for everyone

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 08:28:46 pm »
also is very user friendly for uploading pictures from phone directly to threads/posts which would help with "oh what is this part" ect.  :thumbsup:

Sorry for double posting, but,

This forum also does have an attachment faculty which you can use from your phone's browser, well I can from Firefox on my iPhone anyway lol. Or you can upload to Flickr or other sites using their apps and link them in your post, all from your phone  :thumbsup:

Just saying,  :underchair:
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 08:30:39 pm »
Well I'm using on 5 other sites and never had a problem, also notification when someone quote your post, Well maybe is not for everyone

Yeah you're right, it has some good points of course!  :thumbsup:

Like I said some people might like it, and for them it'll be a good idea!  8)

As for notifications, I have E-mails linked to my phone so I get the E-Mail notifications and I just click on the link from the E-mail to see the reply on a post ;)

Offline ade555

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 08:44:04 pm »
also is very user friendly for uploading pictures from phone directly to threads/posts which would help with "oh what is this part" ect.  :thumbsup:

Sorry for double posting, but,

This forum also does have an attachment faculty which you can use from your phone's browser, well I can from Firefox on my iPhone anyway lol. Or you can upload to Flickr or other sites using their apps and link them in your post, all from your phone  :thumbsup:

Just saying,  :underchair:

Yes I can but the main point is one does it all  :underchair:, I just find easy to use on the go, little example someone wanted a picture of one of car parts, clicked on post taken photo and just uploaded with out going in to photobucket/ flickr ect.

Well I'm stamping my feet like little baby now  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 08:44:38 pm »
Same as Rusty,  I get an email,  come here and job jobbed!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 09:07:36 pm »
Yes I can but the main point is one does it all  :underchair:, I just find easy to use on the go, little example someone wanted a picture of one of car parts, clicked on post taken photo and just uploaded with out going in to photobucket/ flickr ect.

Well I'm stamping my feet like little baby now  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Haha I'm only voicing my opinion as you asked what we thought  :thumbsup:
I have a feeling many more would like it than those who don't though  :boggleeye:

Simple and easy that way isn't it? I don't like having loads of Apps anyways lol.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 09:26:22 pm »
Same! Although google always seems to update 300+ apps when I install a new rom,  I only have 15 odd installed!

Offline Elgin

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 01:06:09 pm »
Same! Although google always seems to update 300+ apps when I install a new rom,  I only have 15 odd installed!
My Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and s5 are like that - I only have about 20 apps but every day its updating loads and then I can't use my phone because all the RAM is used to download the apps I dont even want updating - why I removed the updates and apps in the first place - to save storage - although on a storage note - im very happy I upgraded my camera to a 32gb card from a 8gb because since I started recording my vacuums I have noticed they take a entire 32gb sd card so if I had an 8 gb or even a four gb which I only upgraded to 8 a few weeks ago i'd be contantly pausing - plug into computer - upload - record another 10 mins...... it would be hard work without a lot of storage...

Offline GeorgeJ

• English? I'm never going to England!
    • Some dirty pics ;)
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 02:49:27 pm »
I have a BLU R1 HD (one of those $60 Amazon phones) so we're not talking about a high power phone.  I do the same thing, I get an email in the Gmail app, click on the link which opens in the gmail app, view the thread and job jobbed, as you said.  If this phone can handle all the whole forum in a browser in my email app, why do I need another app the complicate things?
You miss 100% of the Dysons you don't buy.  -Wayne Gretzky
 -Michael Scott  -GeorgeJ

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 08:40:40 pm »
Apps are a waste of time, put the phone in the draw and enjoy a real life... That's what I did since Christmas and I've saved money and got taller.

Offline GeorgeJ

• English? I'm never going to England!
    • Some dirty pics ;)
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 08:45:16 pm »
Did you grow 1" - 3"?   :underchair: :whist11:

If so, I need to know exactly what you did.
You miss 100% of the Dysons you don't buy.  -Wayne Gretzky
 -Michael Scott  -GeorgeJ

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram