The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Scariest/worst Dyson experience?  (Read 16364 times)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: Scariest/worst Dyson experience?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 09:48:44 PM »
Daamn! :o :o :o
DC14s are tanks, just need a slightly longer motor life. Do plastic parts often break on DC14s? Nope. DC41- Sexy looking futuristic and powerful machine. Just needs a better designed cleaner head wheel and cyclone clip along with a dense metal rod in the chassis.

Offline autovac01

• Woman in a man's world.
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 10:00:45 AM »
When I was working on a DC07 and it fell off the bench, breaking the spine in half.
Or, when my son was helping an I said " that works, now just put the switch cover back on". It was still plugged in  :o luckily he only touched one terminal.  :-X or I'll have health and safety after me.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 11:14:44 AM »
Whoa :o
I nearly took apart my DC01 to the motor, realised it was still plugged in half way luckily! :o
DC14s are tanks, just need a slightly longer motor life. Do plastic parts often break on DC14s? Nope. DC41- Sexy looking futuristic and powerful machine. Just needs a better designed cleaner head wheel and cyclone clip along with a dense metal rod in the chassis.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 03:09:25 PM »
I tried to stop the brushroll with my fingers on something, can't remember what. Thought the belt may be worn. Damn thing took half my hand on before I turned it off, the tips of my fingers got burnt from the brushroll, and the whole thing was red for days. I got laughed at heartily by SWMBO and told off for swearing infront of the children...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 03:16:23 PM »
With that dc25 animal? :)) the brush motors on them are bloody powerful, harder to jam  the brush on them than a dc07 with new belts and stiff bristles on the 25 are worse :o

Offline Madrat

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2016, 05:30:29 PM »
Didn't someone rip there hand open with the belt removal tool?

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2016, 06:51:00 PM »
Not that I'm aware of :s

Offline Tonymini145

• Dyson fan, stripper & restorer
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2016, 08:23:19 PM »
Didn't someone rip there hand open with the belt removal tool?

I've been close with that one

Offline Madrat

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2016, 08:24:26 PM »
So have I, I'm possative someone posted that they did.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2016, 08:25:26 PM »
Autovac? Ive been close too!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2016, 08:27:07 PM »
With that dc25 animal? :)) the brush motors on them are bloody powerful, harder to jam  the brush on them than a dc07 with new belts and stiff bristles on the 25 are worse :o

Thats it,  bloody thing was intermittant,  put my hand by it and it fired up and pulled my fingers in,  the tips of the brushroll brushes burnt my pinkies

I have to be careful now with eva too,  Usually I check brushrolls for spinniness by very carefully letting it brush over my hand, whilst upright,  but cant with eva about incase she tries,  with the obvious results

Offline autovac01

• Woman in a man's world.
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2016, 09:12:59 AM »
 "I'm possative someone posted that they did."
I remember that.
I posted that I'd scratched my hand either before or after someone said they had actually gouged theirs - nasty. Vicious tool, don't use it anymore since someone on facebook showed me how they did it.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2016, 09:41:10 AM »
Most tools can hurt you lol. I'd stabbed myself with numerous screw drivers.... 
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Madrat

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2016, 10:31:04 AM »
Yep me to, opened a finger to the bone once on a screwdriver.

Offline taran57

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2016, 05:08:24 AM »
Was cleaning and went over a key that blended with the wood floor, didnt make a pretty sound as it ricoched its way through the dc07 brush housing before i could turn it off  :duh:
The clutch never slipped either.

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram