The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Scariest/worst Dyson experience?  (Read 19838 times)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Scariest/worst Dyson experience?
« on: March 02, 2016, 05:49:43 pm »
My scariest Dyson experience when I was nearly murdered by my DC04.

I was vacuuming my living room with a Dyson DC04 Absolute+ lime. I was barefoot  cos I don't wear shoes in the house or socks unless I have just worn shoes.  I stepped on the cable and it just was a slight pull of the cable when I pushed the vacuum forwards. The entire cable had disconnected from the vacuum and nearly hit my foot! I immediately unplugged the cable and refitted the cable. The moment I had taken the switch housing out it had then dauned on me that somebody had done a crappy repair and roughly wired it! Dumbasses, no wonder they sold it for £5 at the CB.  >:( :o

Worst dyson experience was probably when I had wanted a DC14 really badly and found one for £5 at the CB sale. It was an allergy with purple buttons. It had extremely messed up plastic, the silver cyclone was white, like it had been in the sun for all it's life and it was filthy as hell internally :o

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
Re: Scariest/worst Dyson experience?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 07:01:19 pm »
I donno, but your cable issues are quite funny.
I didn't know you were on CB, you're too far for me though.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 09:14:52 pm »
Lol I never told you any cable issues XD Exceept two (this DC04) and I had an extension lead, plugged my heater in it and was cleaning my rooom so unplugged it so its outta the way but the plug was jammed in there! No amount of force could remove the plug. The thing was kinda intermittent aswell in the socket of the extension lead. Didnt care but I was just sitting in bed, and heard a bang. Thought something went bang downstairs and I could smell something burning and electrical. I checked downstairs, nothing. Came back upstairs and noticed smoke under my bed. MY EXTENSION WIRE AND HEATER PLUG EXPLODED!!! No fire though thank GOD but my luxury 2 year old carpet now has f**king melted plastic on it and the plug of my heater had to be replaced, and the extension wire socket literally looked like there was a grenade inside it, it's all black inside and has a massive hole, like someone shot it!

And Do you mean CB as in Carboot? Carboot sales are lovely and that's what I mean ;D

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 09:16:54 pm »
I've taken my mums house out once, the wiring is not as good as it could be, I had a Vax 2000 of unknown origin, plugged it in, turned it on and *black*

Was popular that night
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Tonymini145

• Dyson fan, stripper & restorer
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 09:22:22 pm »
A lot of my Dysons come from the tips

I plugged one in and the motor bucket was full of water wow I swore a lot

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 09:23:15 pm »
I've taken my mums house out once, the wiring is not as good as it could be, I had a Vax 2000 of unknown origin, plugged it in, turned it on and *black*

Was popular that night

I've done that many times when I used to plug the welder in the kitchen lmao!
I was only about 13-14, I used to plug an extension in and take it out the window and up the garden, funny thing is I'd usually be doing this while my Dad was cooking haha.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 09:24:38 pm »

What exactly happened? :o

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 09:46:45 pm »
I had a Lux 500 with a wet plug. Was fine plugging it in, it ran beautifully too. Went to grab the plug to remove it without switching it off and got a massive shock.

Taught me to always brush the back of my fingers over anything suspect so the reaction snatches my hand away rather than making me grab on more
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 09:49:45 pm »
That reminds me, Remember the yellow DC14 Origin I got for £10 about a year ago? Well it was burnt out and to I unplugged it and I got a shock from touching the plug pins, wtf? It was unplugged so I wonder why there was current

Offline Madrat

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 03:09:09 pm »
motor capacitor

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 03:32:33 pm »
Idk what that is 😐

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 06:21:21 pm »
The bit that screws to the side of the motor,  whrre you plug the spine cable into

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2016, 07:02:51 pm »
Oh Right, thanks!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2016, 07:04:43 pm »
What Beko said, a capacitor is like a battery and will store power.

Offline Tonymini145

• Dyson fan, stripper & restorer
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 08:21:09 pm »

What exactly happened? :o

Hepa filter cover blew off and house went to darkness and wouldn't turn back on as I blew the big black fuse that powers the fuse box itself  :'(

Now I use a power breaker

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram