The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Scariest/worst Dyson experience?  (Read 19745 times)

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
Re: Scariest/worst Dyson experience?
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2016, 10:34:54 am »
Use gun powder next time.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2016, 01:29:50 pm »
You can vacuum anything solid with a Dyson and it'll still work perfectly fine ;D

Offline taran57

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2016, 02:50:27 pm »
I use a kirby for yucky jobs, like mud, cat excrement at work and stuff.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2016, 03:48:15 pm »
I use a kirby for yucky jobs, like mud, cat excrement at work and stuff.

That's the best choice, the fan will mush it up perfectly ready for disposal.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline taran57

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2016, 12:34:03 am »
Machine is on deaths door tho
Cats ripped up the bag too

Offline Elgin

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2016, 02:07:47 am »
My worst Dyson experience isnt soo bad! I was only young, Still am now I suppose TBH, I was using our old DC04 lime with an Ametek motor (That motor is working like brand new still in nans DC04) and I was hoovering the dinner room and hooverd a sock, lots of smoke and the smell of lovely burning belts filled the room  :smokin: Nans Dyson is  a mix of every dyson ever that I originally clutch converted and then from there the motor got moved into another Dyson when I was building her new mashup thingy that looks OK, Wouldnt call it showroom, Bit of grey here> green there? yellow here pink there etc.
Strange though, many people have said that YDK motors last longer than a Ametek motor, Strange thing is ive had two dead YDK now and 0 Dead Ameteks all stillworking like new, First one was a dodgey dealing of a 'Dyson DC04 Fully working, will be shown working to buyer, Collection from Burntwood halfway between Cannock and Litchfield' Me living in cannock though £15 was a bargain for a supposably working DC-4, Showed working "Motor sounds OK" i though, then he started pushing it along his driveway, Works brilliantly he said, Im there. *turns off> motor makes strange squeking noise*
Obviously I didnt risk anything so first of all was a FULL stripdown and motor was gone!, Boy did it stink :sick0012:
after I found the motor was wired backwards  :censored:  :censored: and the seals might aswell of been plastic :'( :'( I just made my way through to bring the Every dc-4 mashup: I call it
Dyson DC04 Mashup Limited Edition!

Offline taran57

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2016, 02:13:01 am »
I had cheap TTI hoover foldaway put on a lovely fireworks display today.  :biglaugh: i did leave it plugged in for longer than i should  :underchair:
Boy did stink up the place.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2016, 02:43:53 am »
I had cheap TTI hoover foldaway put on a lovely fireworks display today.  :biglaugh: i did leave it plugged in for longer than i should  :underchair:
Boy did stink up the place.
Did you record it?

Offline taran57

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2016, 02:49:50 am »
No but maybe i should plug her back in on new years  :biglaugh:

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2016, 02:51:53 am »
I always found Ametek motors to last longer than YDKs as well, never really see the DC04 silver/lime blown up, but seen more clutched YDK ones with burnt out motors

DC01 Ameteks and DC03 motors are built like tanks they never seem to die

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2016, 02:54:35 am »
No but maybe i should plug her back in on new years  :biglaugh:

I once attempted to save a Dc07 motor by fitting in used carbons of a decent length from a broken one. It worked kinda... Then made all the death noises. It smelled horrible and it smoked really well like a shisha land

when I removed the post filter, smoke was literally gushing out like the steam/turbo button on a steam generator iron. That's steam but in this case smoke ;D

Offline Elgin

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2016, 03:07:07 am »
I always found Ametek motors to last longer than YDKs as well, never really see the DC04 silver/lime blown up, but seen more clutched YDK ones with burnt out motors

Ive just done a post: YDK vs Ametek; The Unreliability Battle,

Would it be possible to fit a Ametek motor to my Absolute if I use the ametek rubbers and retaining ring into the YDK motor housing, I know you can do Ametek to YDK but what about YDK to Ametek, Might try sticking an Ametek in when the YDK blows, I like the sound the YDK I got in now from a DC07 makes when I turn off the machine, It makes a kind of 'Turbo Spin Down' whistle, the hotter the motor the better the sound it, If I run it for lets say two mins it isnt really there, go Vacuum Mad and hoover anything I see floor or furniture than it makes a great noise, Post a video i will on another post Gonna keep this DC04 Absolute for ever and replace whatever it needs when it needs, then again ive said that about nearly everything I once owned, most ended up in the landfill...

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2016, 06:01:26 am »

Would it be possible to fit a Ametek motor to my Absolute if I use the ametek rubbers and retaining ring into the YDK motor housing, I know you can do Ametek to YDK but what about YDK to Ametek, Might try sticking an Ametek in when the YDK blows, I like the sound the YDK I got in now from a DC07 makes when I turn off the machine, It makes a kind of 'Turbo Spin Down' whistle, the hotter the motor the better the sound it, If I run it for lets say two mins it isnt really there, go Vacuum Mad and hoover anything I see floor or furniture than it makes a great noise, Post a video i will on another post Gonna keep this DC04 Absolute for ever and replace whatever it needs when it needs, then again ive said that about nearly everything I once owned, most ended up in the landfill...

I always thought I was crazy, but I love the noise of a high pitched DC14 with the slight brushbar roar, same with a DC33. I like modern basic common Dysons as I feel like they are very popular and loads of people have them soo yeah, weird I know.

I feel like the default Dyson noise is a clutched Dc07 (early)/14/33

Offline Elgin

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2016, 03:05:23 pm »

I always thought I was crazy, but I love the noise of a high pitched DC14 with the slight brushbar roar, same with a DC33. I like modern basic common Dysons as I feel like they are very popular and loads of people have them soo yeah, weird I know.

I feel like the default Dyson noise is a clutched Dc07 (early)/14/33
Sounds like my dads DC07 then, Its got a dc04 yv511 in it, so its got the high pitched 'whistle' but for some reason theres no brush roar, its working fine, brush is picking up the carpet but no 'roar' ill post a video from my phone shortly, popping up my grandads now, probaly end up vacing with there mix of a dyson and ill record that mixup dyson,

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration