The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: sebo x series bag life?  (Read 6093 times)

Offline absolutepurplelime

sebo x series bag life?
« on: March 08, 2016, 10:34:21 pm »
Hello people, i have had a sebo x1 previous but the height servo went on it so i stripped it and made a lot more back than what it cost on motor, plastics, handle etc.

Anyway i have had this x1.1 since just before christmas and its used probably 4 times a week in a house with 2 cats and 3 people along side a dyson dc24. I checked the bag this evening not because of a drop in suction just to see how its filling up. Was shocked to find that its only a 1/4 full and the dirt is packed really tight.

How long should expect a bag to last before it requires changing and also is the bag status light accurate? Like will it illuminate when its completely full or just when air flow starts to get restricted?

Please share experiences with your sebos as i thought it would be full by now?????

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: sebo x series bag life?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 11:11:35 pm »
I find the pack themselves really tight. After using my SM2 at Amys Friends house the bag on that is only a bit over 1/4 full but it's a proper brick where the dirt is!

Can't comment on the longetivity of the suction though as the bag fills, I've never filled one up! I imagine, especially with the newer style bags it'll be fine even with the dirt backing up through the hose
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 11:18:47 pm »
Im on paper bags at the minute mate, people say the miele type material ones are better. Whats your opinion?

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 11:26:33 pm »
I'm on paper bags too and they seem ok. I have a pack of ultrabags to go with it for selling, I'll see what the suctions like between the two, but won't be using the ultra bags (as I can sell it with 'brand new box of bags, 1 fitted etc)

I'm sure the suction will drop a bit with paper bags, but probably not noticeably. Keep using it until it's fully bricked and report back!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 11:29:40 pm »
Shall do lol, its starting to get heavy as its filling but its a good vacuum. After a G with manual height adjustment though. :)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 11:33:02 pm »
I do like mine,  ive pushed a good many vacs infront of it so I can keep using it!

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 11:34:51 pm »
You should just keep it for yourself?

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 08:34:12 am »
I've never filled a bag up, I used the micro ones in the G1 and genuine paper ones in the BS36.

Keep using it and see how long it takes to fill up lol.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 11:44:44 am »
One day i will pull out the wand and dust will be packed at the end of it. Do you have to import G1's?? Would love a sebo with manual height adjustment.

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 11:47:33 am »
300 evolution looks nice :)

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 12:31:08 pm »
Yeah they're only sold in Germany lol.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram