The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Carboot sale find  (Read 5709 times)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Carboot sale find
« on: April 17, 2016, 10:05:23 pm »
Went to the carboot sale today and the first Dyson upright I saw was a DC14 Blitz it (all silver and scarlet red accents) and I asked for the price. He said £10. I walked on intending to buy it later. I then saw a Kirby Sentrie for £80 with all bits. It was too expensive so left it even though I wanted it. I then saw a DC14 Origin, DC07 Origin and a DC25 All floors from the same lady. All were £15 except the DC25 which was £25. She wouldn't budge from £20! It looked filthy, end cap hd a yellow fastener instead of silver and looked abused, so left it even though I really wanted a DC25.

Walked on, saw a DC07 Animal which was a bit faded at £15 and had a turquoise stair tool and filter catch . Nope.
Walked on and saw a Marie Curie Dc04, didn't get it as the lady was a bit err... weird and seemed in a rush to sell her stuff, she had a Vax swift and another upright IIRC

Another Early DC04 for £10. Yellow

I went back to look at the DC14 and have a look at it. Guy now said £5! ;D He was in a rush then, they were going to pack up I think. I had a good look around the vac. No wand spring but they used a clump of folded tissue  :boggleeye:
No tools. Hairy as fxck brushbar so I threw it out and put in a spare I had when I got home. Guy said it worked but at that price I thought wtf.  Got it home and it worked really well. One thing I didn;t mention was... he only fault was that it wasn't standing up!  :biglaugh: :chuckle: :)) I bought it, then walked a few yards and then fixed it :king: ;D

So I got a perfectly fine working DC14 with no tools for £5 ;D Bargain!!! Sadly I had to replace the hose and wand pole cos they were dented! Luckily I had a spare ;D

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Carboot sale find
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 10:13:14 pm »
You threw out a hairy brushbar? 5 minutes with Stanley would see it fine I bet! Please tell me you at least kept the end caps and bearings?

I didnt go to the car boot today, been actively avoiding them cos we are saving up for holiday, and I'd take £40 just in case, Amy probably the same, and the last thing I need is any more damn vacs!

So, of course I got a message from a local house clearence dude via my dyson repair facebook page, and for £25 I have a lovely DC07 Animal with turbohead that 'died after 15 minutes' which was the filters utterly utterly clogged (£15), and 2 Premaire Mini 175's with no tools which work well, one is a bit battered, one is in fine shape. Takes Henry tools and bags apparently, so fecking win there! (£5 Each).

And just now, some guy on Autoshite who lives near where I work offered me a fully working with turbo head DC14 Animal for free, meeting him on Wednesday which could be fun as I'll have to go up the bypass the other way, and I drive the other way past it every weeknight and it's usually solid...

Paid £5 for a faded and broken motor'd and taped up cable and torn hose'd DC07 Origin, that will refurb into a £40'er

Picked up a DC07 All Floors that I sold a year and a half ago. They broken the brushroll housing and bought a new vac, messaged me before they went to the tip. I drove 22 mile round trip to fetch it, and it's alo more faded than I remember, so it's a breaker. Already found use for it's good hose, cable and motor, and it has oodles of other good parts, and I'll scrap the faded rubbish

I picked up a Hoover something 2300w pets yesterday whilst out puddle hunting with Eva. Runs well after cleaning the bastard clogged filter, it does groom well. May £10 that on FB or give it away in some low key shite giveaway from my facebook page. It has no small tools, and I'm not buying any for it cos it's a pile of crap overall.

I may as well have gone to the bloody car boot!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 10:53:33 pm »
Haha yes I threw the brushbar out,my OCD kicked in hard because it was 99% hair, like really wrapped round it and some plastic and other shet could be lurking in it! It's currently in the garden in a pile of scrap crap

My DC14 I got is kinda annoying me, I hate the samsung motor because it sounds unusual, would happily swap it for a YDV YV2200 and the clutch is worn out, 2006! still grooms okay ish surprisingly but performance is currently better on my DC33 which has had a new clutch, brush and motor

You are lucky, free DC14 Animal and yet with a mini turbine head! They are worth atleast £10 alone, and the vacuum is an animal so win! Could get £60-90ish

I kinda like your hoover, just the design (except the crappy wand and hose set up) Maybe it's because it has a beaterbar, imitation cyclone and finding the switch on the cleaner head is something not so common lol. Wouldnt mind one but not paying more than a fiver as they are crap looking and look like a right faggot to repair, especially to change the cable on!

You can go to the cb next week maybe ;D Hopefully you will be glad!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 08:16:14 am »
I don't go to boot sales anymore, my wife won't get up before 10 and I don't like going alone.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 09:11:38 am »
Lucky, I love going on my own! Even when with the family, I run round first to get any immediate bargains, then catch up with them usually on the second row and have a proper look at everything!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 01:08:44 pm »
I run around too lol incase anything gets sold

Offline oldmoley

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 05:43:55 pm »
Sound like a brilliant car boot Parwaz. Hardly ever any Dysons at our local one, at least not that the vendors don't want stupid money for. Did manage to pick up a DC07 Hepa locally today - all up and running for £6, so not a bad day!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 08:33:17 pm »
Lucky, I love going on my own! Even when with the family, I run round first to get any immediate bargains, then catch up with them usually on the second row and have a proper look at everything!

Haha, I like to talk to somebody while I walk about... 
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 09:37:12 pm »
Thanks Oldmoley ;D

***###UPDATE###***

We were driving to Handsworth (Kerry if you're reading this, your ex area!) ;D and my dad spotted a Dyson DC14 Vroom!!!! ;D It was missing the motor housing, motor and motor retainer cover thing. Everything else was there! Except the tools as well obvs. I grabbed it and it went in the boot! Never ever trashed picked a vacuum before so I was SO chuffed because the only vacuum I ever trash picked was a crappy bagged cylinder LG all tatty.

I put the clutch in my blitz it because the blitx it one was worn as hell, this vroom one had a white clutch wheel! ;D and groomed better
So MV, how much are the following parts?

Motor housing (white one)
Motor housing cover (dark silver, not iron)
Small cable which is a metre long, behind the hose
airflow duct (Which is a Dc07 filter case but for the DC14, on the side)
Motor rubbers
Thanks ;D

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration