The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson DC41- ugh!  (Read 23176 times)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: Dyson DC41- ugh!
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2015, 12:23:13 am »
Sorry for the late reply guys, but here's an update;

On Monday, the engineer came (he came on Thursday aswell but I wasn't at home) so on Monday he came and had a look. He says that the crack is very minor and it won't be needing a replacement chassis till it affects anything. Err k.

He did, however replace the ball hose and took the yolk assembly etc off and it all went well. He noticed that the wheel of the cleaner head was wearing out so he sent me another one which arrived 2 days later (today) and I also demonstrated how the bin wouldn't empty, so a new bin got sent out too, the machine looks so pristine! I will give it a clean up and take a bunch of pics to look back on in the future ;D I will use the old bin but use the new one maybe once.

Oh and PS I have to send back the old cleaner head, WTF?!

Offline Tech12

• Electrical Appliance Engineer / Trainer.
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2015, 06:20:49 am »
It's a very minor crack ?, from the way you were talking I got the impression it was a big crack. How do they know you've still got the old cleaner head from 3 months ago ?. Anyway don't knock it too much, most manufacturers would have told you where to go, guarantees normally only cover the original purchaser.
Repairs to All makes of Small Commercial & Domestic appliance. Power tool repair.
City & Guilds and PAT qualified engineer.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2015, 11:52:29 am »
Nope it's a small crack, but the machine felt much more flexible than before it broke. I have added a pic of it aswell on page 1. The engineer came to my house, told me the wheel was wearing out on the cleaner head too so he will send out a new one. In the box it says I have to return the old cleaner head as they want it to look at as they want to "improve" their machines in the future. I found this odd because I have never heard of anybody returning the old parts back to Dyson.

Offline Isle of Wight

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2016, 10:22:32 pm »
The title of this thread summed it up for me. I had a DC4 loved it.Replaced by a DC25 in 2005 loved this one as well but unfortunately it just died. I replaced it with a a DC41 Series2 and what a pile of  :censored: it is. What have they done? The quality is shocking from the plastic cable clip to the inflexible cable itself. It cant turn corners, Its width is smaller. The capacity of the bin is smaller, the tools are  :censored: compared with the ones on the DC25. What's the brush about on the crevice tool? Its like a duster not a brush. And as for trying to make it go round a corner, it's not much better than a nonball  with those stupid discs. And the abount of dirt that gets trapped in the gap is unbelievable.  Yes it has more suction, yes it's lighter but the rest is awful. Luckily I ordered via the internet and it's all boxed up ready to go back and my DC25 has been refurbed by the Dyson Engineer. I hope Dyson get it right next time. The designers of this pile of toot should be shot.

Rant over.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2016, 10:27:23 pm »
I totally agree!

I used to own a DC25 as well, I actually found it to be a very good vacuum and feels more robust than the DC41

The brushbar on the DC25 is better as well because they are thicker, denser, stiffer and agitate  the carpet better than the DC41 which has softer and more sparse bristles

Offline Isle of Wight

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2016, 10:35:56 pm »
I'm glad I'm not alone. I was so miffed as I have had years with them. Now if the 25 goes again I will be looking elsewhere. Also I've seen the new single sided hand dryers. What are they all about. The water shoots off and down your trousers and it takes twice as long as you have to do one side then the other. Has James Dyson taken a step back or something?  His designers seem to be running amok in producing poor product, not the brilliant stuff of a few years ago.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2016, 10:40:34 pm »
Possibly
I would recommend the Dyson Dc14

More reliable than the DC25, better hose suction, cleans pretty good and durable. It also has a thicker wand so less blockage and a larger filter surface area so captures more allergens and bacteria. More cyclones and a larger bin, I would say the DC14 is Dyson's best vacuum. If you get a professionally refurbished DC14  (like from Manchestervacs)it would be a great investment. They have hardly any disadvantages

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration