The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: I had a quick play with a DC40 ERP yesterday  (Read 16180 times)

Offline steelcityuk

Re: I had a quick play with a DC40 ERP yesterday
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2018, 12:29:04 pm »
If you're serious don't leave it too long, you see very few for sale these days, even fewer with a manual gearbox. My TCT could go as low as 15mpg on LPG!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2018, 08:24:22 pm »
I already cant afford one! Mine was £600, and to get to that price the owner swapped the leather for cloth from another one he had! They are still out there, they get passed around on Autoshite and club-XM regularly so one day! But I won't make it I don't think, my car budget is sub £300 usually, my current £150 Laguna will get replaced in March when I get my bonus from work, no idea what with although I have 2 tickets to possibly win a Saab 9-3 2.3t which will be fun if not expensive to run around for winter if I win! If not the laguna get's thrown at another MOT and can carry on rattling around over winter!

Don't think I'd like a manual XM. Granted I could have squeezed many more MPG's out of mine if it wasnt an auto (changing the fluid and seeing Citro-Jim who waved a Lexia over it gained 7mpg though), as I live in the Chilterns, and don't fancy playing the 4 footed shuffle for the handbrake!

Here's it's thread

http://autoshite.com/topic/13597-xm-quick-wash-and-polish/

and here it is getting replaced with a car that TBH I did enjoy more...

http://autoshite.com/topic/17257-zx-19td-farewell-faithfull-steed/page-1
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline steelcityuk

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2018, 05:38:37 pm »
I know what you mean about the four pedals, my city is built on seven hills and it isn't Rome. The thing about a series 1 diesel is that most had Bosch injector pumps so good for Bio or SVO.

Good threads.

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram