The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC07 All Floors (116)  (Read 5462 times)

Offline Eddie Honda

DC07 All Floors (116)
« on: April 12, 2016, 10:09:02 pm »
Picked it up earlier this evening. Asking €65 / offered €40. Not cheap by UK standards, but that's just the way it rolls round here. Anyway, it was on my doorstep, so no collection cost (bar 30c in petrol to avoid the doorbell ringing  ;D)

Dyson upright all floors vacuum. Suction ot operating fully but repairable I'm sure.

DC07 All Floors 001 by E Honda, on Flickr
DC07 All Floors 002 by E Honda, on Flickr
DC07 All Floors 003 by E Honda, on Flickr

So I've got a grey long crevice tool, but the brush and upholstery tool are missing - should they all be coloured or just the two small ones? Quick glance, shows handle fine and upper catch fine, bin flap release a bit lazy and that distinct whiff of pet. Haven't had the top off yet, but initial impressions are it isn't clagged up there.

Couldn't resist flipping it over and having a quick peek at things...

116 UK model:

DC07 All Floors 004 by E Honda, on Flickr

Rather hairy brushbar:

DC07 All Floors 005 by E Honda, on Flickr

Shall we?:

DC07 All Floors 006 by E Honda, on Flickr

Ok then:

DC07 All Floors 007 by E Honda, on Flickr

That's a bit blocked that U-bend  :sick0012:

Let's look a the evidence. May I present Exhibit A:

DC07 All Floors 008 by E Honda, on Flickr

One pencil, a paper cake case, a short clear rubbery tube, a Lego person's legs, a Lego tyre, a load of hair and stuff. The L-shape collection of fur on the left was all in the bottom of the flexi-hose - heavily compacted into the last 6" - probably cat?

I'll try the motor out next before the strip/wash. When it's done, I'll sell my old Origin.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: DC07 All Floors (116)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 10:14:22 pm »
Very nice! They did do teal coloured tools,  but they look fine with grey ones too,

I bet it works fine now,  have you checked the flexible hose that runs underneath? Have the cyclone top off too and check thats not clogged.  You could peer into it from underneath but if it goes wrong you will soon unclog it all over your face...

Looks tidy,  those ones can be a bastard for fading,  scrapped many for parts due to the colour
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Eddie Honda

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 10:18:52 pm »
Not done any further checks as I'm supposed to be putting the DC29 back together, never mind starting the main body the DC07 Origin  :whist11:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 10:20:31 pm »
Best get cracking! I whipped an 07 back together whilst the boy had a nap earlier,  hoping to get another 07 apart and washed tomorrow,  and test the dc25 thats in the shed as I cant remember what state the motors are in
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Eddie Honda

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 09:16:19 am »
Well I had to have another peek at the machine yesterday whilst in the man cave.

Powers up okay with no whiffs. The sole plate flexi isn't bloked. Clutching action seems fine. Sole plate ok. Cyclone not clogged. De-haired the brushroll and that seems fine.

Just need to stripdown for a good clean and lose the pet whiff and I'll put a couple of fresh filters in. Then it can stay in the man cave until I get the other one sorted and in the hall ready to go out of the door. The minute that goes, I'll put this one it's place and see how long it takes Mrs Honda to notice. ;D

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 05:22:46 pm »
Picked it up earlier this evening. Asking €65 / offered €40. Not cheap by UK standards, but that's just the way it rolls round here. Anyway, it was on my doorstep, so no collection cost (bar 30c in petrol to avoid the doorbell ringing  ;D)

Dyson upright all floors vacuum. Suction ot operating fully but repairable I'm sure.

DC07 All Floors 001 by E Honda, on Flickr
DC07 All Floors 002 by E Honda, on Flickr
DC07 All Floors 003 by E Honda, on Flickr

So I've got a grey long crevice tool, but the brush and upholstery tool are missing - should they all be coloured or just the two small ones? Quick glance, shows handle fine and upper catch fine, bin flap release a bit lazy and that distinct whiff of pet. Haven't had the top off yet, but initial impressions are it isn't clagged up there.

Couldn't resist flipping it over and having a quick peek at things...

116 UK model:

DC07 All Floors 004 by E Honda, on Flickr

Rather hairy brushbar:

DC07 All Floors 005 by E Honda, on Flickr

Shall we?:

DC07 All Floors 006 by E Honda, on Flickr

Ok then:

DC07 All Floors 007 by E Honda, on Flickr

That's a bit blocked that U-bend  :sick0012:

Let's look a the evidence. May I present Exhibit A:

DC07 All Floors 008 by E Honda, on Flickr

One pencil, a paper cake case, a short clear rubbery tube, a Lego person's legs, a Lego tyre, a load of hair and stuff. The L-shape collection of fur on the left was all in the bottom of the flexi-hose - heavily compacted into the last 6" - probably cat?

I'll try the motor out next before the strip/wash. When it's done, I'll sell my old Origin.

My gosh how does one get that much dirt in a vacuum. Cool pics

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram