The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: YELLOW DC07 SWITCH COVER COLOUR  (Read 4585 times)

Offline oldmoley

YELLOW DC07 SWITCH COVER COLOUR
« on: April 14, 2016, 06:43:04 pm »
Very quick question - did Dyson ever manufacture the yellow DC07 with a steel grey button, rather than the yellow type? All the 07s I've ever had have had the yellow button, but I'm just about to take delivery of a non-runner with a grey one. To me, it is suggesting I need to look at the switch itself, as it may have been messed about with......

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: YELLOW DC07 SWITCH COVER COLOUR
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 06:59:58 pm »
The Dyson DC07 Animal has a grey switch button and a purple (lavender) housing and main chassis. I'm not really too sure why.
This is the only DC07 with a grey switch cover so it's probably been replaced if it's on a yellow DC07

Offline Madrat

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 09:07:49 pm »
Animals also have silver chassis and lavender button with silver surround  :boggleeye:  It dose get confusing

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 09:34:29 pm »
Lavender button? O_o never seen one of them, seem a few 07 animals with a silver chassis but purple switch housing cover thinking they had a replacement chassis

Offline oldmoley

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 09:37:55 pm »
Thanks for your responses guys. There certainly seem to be a few variants of variants out there! Looks as though the switch will be my first port of call; there is allegedly no power on switch-on, so I think it may have been faffed around with. I'll report my findings.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 09:39:54 pm »
Thanks for your responses guys. There certainly seem to be a few variants of variants out there! Looks as though the switch will be my first port of call; there is allegedly no power on switch-on, so I think it may have been faffed around with. I'll report my findings.

Gdgd  :thumbsup:

Best presume the motor is blown which is the worst case scenario (yet simple to change) and if not, maybe it's something like a broken cable! Check where the grommet is (rubber bit where the cable enters the body) Seen loads where cables break there

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram