The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: The DC19 worth it  (Read 4617 times)

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
The DC19 worth it
« on: May 18, 2016, 03:30:21 am »
I am wanting to buy a dyson DC19 as I've seen one up for sale in my area and just wondering if they are good. (Well it's got to be, it's a Dyson (:

It says it is working but if not I seen videos on youtube which look pretty easy to clean and change the motor.

I've never had a Dyson Cylinder before.

Thanks

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: The DC19 worth it
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 02:23:56 pm »
DC19's are very good, they have powerful suction and are a nice reliable vacuum, I would say it's ideal if you have a large house with lots of messy kids it's great for that as well. They can't handle pet hair unless you have the turbine head which is available for the DC19 and that will work well on it because of the strong suction :)

They are also robust

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 03:15:01 pm »
DC19's are very good, they have powerful suction and are a nice reliable vacuum, I would say it's ideal if you have a large house with lots of messy kids it's great for that as well. They can't handle pet hair unless you have the turbine head which is available for the DC19 and that will work well on it because of the strong suction :)

They are also robust

Thanks then I may try and buy it and it works but I will try and get a cheap price on it. Thanks then.

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 03:25:19 am »

They are also robust

This one I might get does not include the turbine head and been looking around and they are around £45 . Why is it so expensive for just that.

It does have the floor tool one but maybe not so good on carpets.

Thanks

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 08:20:09 am »
The floor tools work brilliant on carpets but just not for hair and threads. The Dyson turbine heads have a brush control so you can turn the brushes off. Also, they are designed specially so that the brushroll won't stop when it hits the carpet unlike some other branded turbo brushes like Vax ones etc

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 05:36:10 pm »
The floor tools work brilliant on carpets but just not for hair and threads. The Dyson turbine heads have a brush control so you can turn the brushes off. Also, they are designed specially so that the brushroll won't stop when it hits the carpet unlike some other branded turbo brushes like Vax ones etc

Oh that is good then. It is that I do have a few cats and a dog in the house. My mum does not like the cylinder ones (Never used a dyson one before though) I want it as I just like Dyson vacs. :)

If not I can all ways clean up after using the DC19 by using the DC04 or 7. Might try and get a collection going aha. Thanks

I think this is the one that will come with it.

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram