The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC07 better than the DC04  (Read 10270 times)

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
DC07 better than the DC04
« on: May 31, 2016, 10:32:19 pm »
Hi I cleaned the filter out a few days ago and used it today. But apart from a few cats and a dog I got a bit of dirt in the pre motor filter. Compared to when I use the DC04 I get no dirt that you can see but more like dirt is a lot smaller and hardly any. I thought the DC07 has got more cyclones which I thought would be able to capture more dust into the cyclone bin. But guess not. Is this normally the case.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: DC07 better than the DC04
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 01:43:10 am »
Well the DC07 filter should be cleaner than the DC04 one, maybe the DC07 cyclones need jet washing internally or something ;) Also, i depends how old the DC07 is. IF it's a really late model with a number 2 by he oulet hole i's a cyclone where the filers stay cleaner for longer. Earlier models dont have as efficient cyclones for some reason. They may have no number or a number 1 by he rubber seal in the same place.

I had a 2005 DC07 ORigin with a number 2 cyclone which was de rooted (large holes at the top of the cyclone to prevent clogging). We used that as our main vacuum every day for a few months and the cyclones were fantastic, the filter was spoless. I then decided to vacuum Shake N vac (not recommended)and the filter had some white powder on it afterwards from he fine dust of the freshener. 

Furthermore, the DC07 has a more powerful motor than the DC04 which produces more suction also. his means more air is being spun into he cyclones and a lot faster wiht the DC07 and the DC04 so I would say the DC07 is definitely better than the DC04 in pretty much every way (except the weight, noise level, bin capacity, post motor filter surface area and the weak bin flap pins & cyclone handle) Apart from that it's one of the best bagless vacuums in history every since bagless vacuums have come out :icon_nod:

PS I like your profile picture! Really nice :thumbsup:

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 09:44:20 pm »
The Dyson geek knows it all!   :thumbsup:

Interesting reading, nice bit of info ;)
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 10:07:25 pm »
Well the DC07 filter should be cleaner than the DC04 one, maybe the DC07 cyclones need jet washing internally or something ;) Also, i depends how old the DC07 is. IF it's a really late model with a number 2 by he oulet hole i's a cyclone where the filers stay cleaner for longer. Earlier models dont have as efficient cyclones for some reason. They may have no number or a number 1 by he rubber seal in the same place.

I had a 2005 DC07 ORigin with a number 2 cyclone which was de rooted (large holes at the top of the cyclone to prevent clogging). We used that as our main vacuum every day for a few months and the cyclones were fantastic, the filter was spoless. I then decided to vacuum Shake N vac (not recommended)and the filter had some white powder on it afterwards from he fine dust of the freshener. 

Furthermore, the DC07 has a more powerful motor than the DC04 which produces more suction also. his means more air is being spun into he cyclones and a lot faster wiht the DC07 and the DC04 so I would say the DC07 is definitely better than the DC04 in pretty much every way (except the weight, noise level, bin capacity, post motor filter surface area and the weak bin flap pins & cyclone handle) Apart from that it's one of the best bagless vacuums in history every since bagless vacuums have come out :icon_nod:

PS I like your profile picture! Really nice :thumbsup:

Oh true maybe, I did clean it last around 3 or 4 ish months ago but I will add some pictures to show you. Oh I can't find the number thing that you are mentioning. Good to know as I did not know that. Thanks.

Oh I did think that. How fast does the speed go in the cyclone then to spin the dirt away from the air. And I agree I love the DCO7 the design is so good. :)

Oh thanks and I do like yours, very good. Thanks

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 10:08:10 pm »
The Dyson geek knows it all!   :thumbsup:

Interesting reading, nice bit of info ;)

Hehe thanks  :king:

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 04:28:16 pm »
Is the DC07 the only dyson to have the clycones upside down than their other ones they've made.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 05:22:19 pm »
Yup, some reason they were upside down on the 07 but all Dysons have had them pointing down (dual cyclone and root cyclones) and all the modern ones such as the cinetic have it the right way aroung

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 10:21:04 pm »
Yup, some reason they were upside down on the 07 but all Dysons have had them pointing down (dual cyclone and root cyclones) and all the modern ones such as the cinetic have it the right way aroung

Does the cyclones work just as good as if they was like the DC14 or do they not as I personally don't see it being much different but I do think it may be better having it being small at the bottom and bigger at the top. Thanks

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 10:30:36 pm »

Does the cyclones work just as good as if they was like the DC14 or do they not as I personally don't see it being much different but I do think it may be better having it being small at the bottom and bigger at the top. Thanks

I'm actually not too sure TBH sorry but they made cyclones smeller and smaller as they are more effective than larger ones. They called it Root cyclones because the large DC01 and DC04 cyclones were *square rooted* into Dc07 sized cyclones which is why it's called Root cyclone ;)

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 10:41:43 pm »

I'm actually not too sure TBH sorry but they made cyclones smeller and smaller as they are more effective than larger ones. They called it Root cyclones because the large DC01 and DC04 cyclones were *square rooted* into Dc07 sized cyclones which is why it's called Root cyclone ;)

Oh right, thanks. So more smaller/cyclones more better they are than the bigger ones. Thanks

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 11:07:29 pm »
No problem mate
Yes but there are limits- too small and they can clog, so that's why the cinetic ones are made of rubber despite being tiny so they vibrate and not clog :)

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 11:08:28 pm »

I would love to make my own cyclone to be added on to the a dyson. It'll be so cool. Aha

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram