The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson keeps clogging in valve carriage  (Read 5173 times)

Offline poppyscrafts

Dyson keeps clogging in valve carriage
« on: June 07, 2016, 09:39:54 am »
Hi there, hope you might be able to help, and hopefully this will make sense lol
for some reason debris keeps becoming clogged in the pipe from the valve carriage to the cylinder, when i remove the valve carriage, anything that is reasonably weighty, for example a cat biscuit cannot seem to be sucked up high enough to get into the cylinder.
so if i remove the valve carriage the biscuit is still sat there. or it falls back down into the U-Bend, and rattles around in their,  if i place my hand over the bottom of that pipe with the valve carriage removed, the pipe is able to suck hard enough so that the biscuit can reach the cylinder
do you think it would be worth changing the valve carriage seal? or the valve carriage itself, or could it be something else?

many thanks for any help :)

Offline ClassicDysonDealer

Re: Dyson kees clogging in valve carriage
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 05:13:59 pm »
hi there all dysons dc04/dc07/dc14/dc33 leave things in the u bend like coins nails screws

so I would say clean the filters buy a can of compressed air blow out the cyclones that will make you suction much better and more things should go into the bin

I hope this has helped you in some way all the best with it  :thumbsup:
Hi there i am a dyson collector but only the older models AND I refurbish dyson's too

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 08:27:34 pm »
That certainly doesnt sound right, I've had big stones and such fly through. Nails/Screws get caught there (and in the lower U bend of an 04/7/14/33) because the low surface area stops them ebing picked up with the airflow

What model dyson is it? That should ehlp us diagnose it for you. When were the filters last changed? If you measure the suction coming out of the hose using the very scientific* method of placing your hand over it, the ntake the cyclone off completely, turn it on and measure it again where the suction comes from on the chassis, is there a difference?
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline poppyscrafts

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 08:43:16 pm »
hi there :) thanks for your help, its a dc07 Origin, i must say before this started happening the suction used to be so strong you could pick up the sofa cushions with it, it certainly couldnt do that at the moment. its had new filters and a new belt, and ive checked both the hoses for rips and tears.
i will get the suction measured tommorow and report back with the findings :)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 08:49:32 pm »
I'd guess that your cyclone is a bit clogged, but do the 100% accurate hand test first and report back! Listen out for any change in the noise the machine makes as well, it will run very free with the cyclone off if it is clogged
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 10:37:36 am »
What Beko1987 said :)
And Dc07/14/33 models are powerful  enough to suck up heavy objects into the bin but the DC04 can kind of struggle as it rattles up the chassis pipe

Offline poppyscrafts

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 08:10:08 pm »
im pleased to say that the machine is now working properly again, i removed the cyclone, took it appart and the amount of dust that was in it was horrendous, so i cleaned it all out and used an air sprayer, put it back together and thats done the trick
i never even realised that you could take all that appart.
so thankyou so much for all your help ! :)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 09:27:28 pm »
Awesome!
If your Dyson ever goes wrong again we are more than happy to help :) Happy Dysoning!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 09:36:34 pm »
They do that sometimes! Usually takes a fair while to get to that stage though.

With the new filters and belts,  you've done what I call a stage 1 refurb,  and I charge £30 for that,  I'm sure mvacs charge more!

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration