The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: HOW do you do remove circuit board & hi low switch in a henry  (Read 13959 times)

Offline ClassicDysonDealer

HOW do you do remove circuit board & hi low switch in a henry  and just run it on full 1200w all the time

can some body help poor old henry
Hi there i am a dyson collector but only the older models AND I refurbish dyson's too

Re: HOW do you do remove circuit board & hi low switch in a henry
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 07:35:11 pm »
Hi there i am a dyson collector but only the older models AND I refurbish dyson's too

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 07:35:38 pm »

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 08:18:52 pm »
You remove the PCB and wire straight to the switch!

You need to strip it down quite far, but basically:

Undo the 4 outer screws, flip back over and lift the hat off. lift out the cord rewind unit and remove the little wheels (or watch if they fall out

Pop the cover off that covers the switch and wires behind the switches and unplug everything.

Flip back over and remove the 3 inner screws, then pull the (now top, was bottom) off.

You'll now see the PCB, remove all that and it's wires. You will be left with the L&N from the cord rewind, and 2 white wires from the motor.

Put the bottom/top on with the 3 inner screws (I fit the sound deadening inside the case thing then slip that over the motor, then place the motor rubber on top)

Back to the wiring, and wire the L&N to one side of the on/off switch, and the 2 white wires to the other side

Leave the hi/lo switch in if you don't want the hole

Plop the cord rewind in

fit the top cover

try it! You should easily see if the motor has blown when you get to it in the usual way!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 08:39:26 pm »
thanks beko you really are the best  :thumbsup: :bow: :tiphat: :icon_nod:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 08:50:35 pm »
Anytime mate!

I've done it alot, any 'dead' hi/lo henry/hetty gets checked to make sure it is just that before spending any money on it!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline aj2703

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 11:51:45 am »
Don't suppose you could do a video..? I am just about to start refurbing and wouldn't mind knowing how to do that

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram