The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Sebo Professional G1  (Read 9266 times)

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
Sebo Professional G1
« on: June 14, 2016, 09:02:18 pm »
Well I know you lot on here all like to read so for those that were interested in the issues I've been having with my G1 I thought I'd update you to where it currently stands.

I fished it out of the skip many times and cleaned it up after I jimmyed it onto the bonfire.

I decided at the weekend to use it for my weekly heavy clean, but prior to that I did a small test somebody, somewhere told me to do to test the belts and to see if it was functioning properly when the brush roll becomes jammed, so I did. I sucked up a tea towel and indeed it worked, it shut off with no horrible noises like the person thought it would. HOWEVER! After that the vibrations and noises were significantly less although they were still there. So I proceeded with the day's cleaning and throughout that the poor little G1 remained turned on, it was on constantly for just over three hours; I didn't turn it off to change tools, or when I wasn't using it it remained on the whole time.

Now I can very much say it will be a great heater in the winter! But also the issues have yet again diminished! I can still notice them, so I looked back at my very first video when I unboxed it to see if it was just me being silly and it's now working fine. But, I can definitely hear it's smoother in the video's to what it is now, it just sounds rougher than it did then. So as of now it works, it doesn't turn itself off anymore and the problems are less pronounced but still present.

I do find it strange how straight away after sucking a tea towel up it semi mended the problems, I thought maybe it helped place the belt or something but who knows haha  :thumbsup: :grinn: :grinn:

- Rusty.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Sebo Professional G1
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 09:36:06 pm »
Sounds like it just needs an italian tuneup! Dry bearing somewhere?
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 09:44:02 pm »
Sounds like it just needs an italian tuneup! Dry bearing somewhere?

Well the sounds it makes is of that distinctive dry/dead bearing territory but the motor runs perfect on its own so it's not that, and all the others have been changed, some twice! 
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 09:47:31 pm »
Everything sitting straight, true and in line?

It sounds like the sort of noise you could/should just ignore though, or suck up more tea towels
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 12:31:19 pm »
I've seen bearings on washing machines motors that only show problems when the belt is fitted.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 06:23:24 pm »
I've seen bearings on washing machines motors that only show problems when the belt is fitted.

Yeah once there's some tension on it...

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 08:07:52 pm »
Good job!
Gonna retire the latest model DC40 then? :))

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 06:27:00 pm »
Good job!

That's been in the loft for a while haha.
The Kirby's turfed that out lol.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 06:31:00 pm »
Good job!

That's been in the loft for a while haha.
The Kirby's turfed that out lol.

O_o wow, that's like the first time I've heard someone put a latest model Dyson in their loft haha, and surprisingly cos you said it picks up the most out of any of your other vacuums inc the Sebo & Kirby :))

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 09:26:25 pm »
O_o wow, that's like the first time I've heard someone put a latest model Dyson in their loft haha, and surprisingly cos you said it picks up the most out of any of your other vacuums inc the Sebo & Kirby :))

Haha, well after using a Kirby and even the Sebo the Dyson feels very flimsy and light... I don't like that. All Kirby's are nice and heavy and feel solid but even the Sebo G1 is satisfyingly heavy and although it's made from Plastic, it feels really solid. The BS36 I had was the same, compared to Dyson they feel much more satisfying to use ;) 

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 12:33:57 am »
I see what you mean, especially with the plastic being flimsy! Luckily you don't own a DC33, they are flimsy as hell!!! One push forwards and the chassis flexes just at where the top of the cyclone meets the spine. The DC40 is quite lightweight for an upright I agree, maybe you should got a big cumbersome DC75 lol

I want a Kirby Sentria, those look cool and not too old, I do like heavy vacs. I would like a Sebo Felix and Ensign SM2 as they seem really quiet, quite like that.

The most solid vacuum I have probably tried is Henrys, they are like tanks physically and in use, the floortool design (no wheels, just a soleplate) + the powerful suction makes it a workout to use as well especially in domestic use, kind of satisfying :))

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 08:37:22 am »
Well I agree with the Henry's being good but only suction wise, I find the floor tool useless and I'd never buy one to use as a floor vacuum... They're the best for using the hose though for things like the car etc...

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 12:33:57 pm »
I found Henrys awkward in the car, I used my Auntie's to vacuum her car and the hose cuss with a tool adaptor is long enough then you need another tool for the job, not good for awkward gaps
Not found a cylinder vacuum I can use comfortably in the car yet, I always use an upright Dyson

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 09:19:41 am »
Well on the contrary I find the extra long hose I have great because I can leave the unit at one side of the car and the hose reaches all parts of the car, plus all the tools work fine. You must have small cars lol!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 10:22:18 am »
I was vacuuming my Auntie's Vauxhall Astra, so yes small car lol. I use Dyson uprights in my dads Mercedes E220 which is a big car and they are great with their stretch hoses, love the long hoses on Henrys too

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram