The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Advice on opening a Dyson DC33 please?  (Read 6703 times)

Offline jelecserv

Advice on opening a Dyson DC33 please?
« on: July 05, 2016, 04:18:05 pm »
The brush not turning drive belt ok,how do you open the base plate to inspect the motor ?.

Offline bluebumble485

Re: Advice on opening a Dyson DC33 please?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 08:18:31 pm »
hi dc33 does not have a motor in there at all only a clutch

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 08:37:28 pm »
Its basically the same as a dc14,  and 07  and 04.
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 08:37:59 pm »
I did a stripdown somewhere,  its probably down the page a bit now though
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 09:10:38 pm »
Hi, Beko198 made a very in depth stripdown which is very handy.

The clutch is easy to access.

1) Use a coin or flat screw driver to turn the 3 grey plastic screws 90 degrees anti clock wise and remove the soleplate.
2) Remove the brushbar by lifting the right hand side out, tilting it up slightly and turning the brush as you remove it off the belt.
3) Remove the internal hose- The end with the  grey piece pulls off and the other end connected to the brush housing twists off.
4) Remove the brush housing by rocking the joints up and down as you pull, it unclips on either side all the same.
5) Remove the clear U bend at the back of the vacuum, underneath the hose by unclipping it by the grey latch.
6) Using a torx T15 screwdriver, remove the 3 screws holding the black clutch cover on. Two screws are easily visible underneath the grey clutch know and there is one awkward to reach screw. It requires a T15 torx screwdriver about 3.5 inches long. This screw is accessible behind where the U bend sits.
7) Remove the clutch cover, it just comes away and you should now see both belts. There is a small rubber belt from the moor spindle to the clutch and the larger belt for the brush. Has the smaller belt snapped? If so, it's  best to buy a replacement clutch. The clutch is easily removed as so;
8)pry off the grey brush control clutch knob from underneath the head and at the top of the head with a flat screwdriver.
9) The clutch can now be removed from the cleaner head by pulling on the belt(s). Be careful because the clutch can spring out because of the tension it's getting from the rubber belts.

And remember, no matter what breaks on your Dyson DC33, it CAN be fixed! Literally all parts are 100% replacable. This includes the moor, small tiny plastic bis, the main body, etc!

Hope this helps!

Offline jelecserv

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 11:04:14 am »
Many Thanks Cleaned parts suggested now working fine 

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration