The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: AEG UltraCaptic UC9320 - First Look and Pictures!  (Read 5875 times)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
AEG UltraCaptic UC9320 - First Look and Pictures!
« on: June 16, 2016, 11:16:34 pm »
So, I manged to get a brand new vacuum to test and review! And it came today!

ila_rendered

I was slightly worried that it may be second hand as there was a different shipping label

ila_rendered

But I reckon that was the label tos end it to the warehouse as my label was around the other side

ila_rendered

It came before lunch, so I took it to mums and unboxed it

and ran it around and picked up a surprising amount of dirt that her Miele with turbo head has missed

ila_rendered

And the first impressions are very good!

So, what do we get for (at the time of writing this) £289.99

The Machine

I'm not going to lie, it's a fugly machine

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

And quite large too. The bin looks a mess because the dirt was clingign to the static plastic, after using it for a bit at home that died down and it 'cleaned' itself up nicely

ila_rendered

I have no idea what the bin capacity is as it's not written anywhere...

ila_rendered

The hose attaches to the side of the machine, and clips to the front to centre it

ila_rendered

There is an LCD display that shows the power setting from 0 (off) to 5. When the plug is removed from the wall and re-inserted, it starts up on 5 by default. If the machine is just turned off then on again with the plug not being removed, it starts back up where it was left.

Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: AEG UltraCaptic UC9320 - First Look and Pictures!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 11:19:56 am »
Quite weird looking I agree, looks like it works really well by your vid tho! :thumbsup:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 11:21:41 am »
There were meant to be more pics, but I fell asleep writing that last night lol

I'll put the rest up later, at work now and all the resized pictures are on my laptop at home
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 11:41:25 am »
Lol ok cool :))

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 07:40:32 pm »
ila_rendered

Ratings plate shot

ila_rendered

The rear wheels are rubber, which helps it not skid around

ila_rendered

The pre motor filter sits under this cover, squeeze the clips to pop it out

ila_rendered

The filter sits on the housing like so

ila_rendered

I only found this out when taking the pictures, the sides of the filter housing holds all the very fine dust

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

The filter hooks over the cage with these three locating pegs. The middle one was broken when I got it, or is meant to be like that I can't work it out

ila_rendered

Next we have the post motor filter, accessable by pushing 2 buttons down at the same time

ila_rendered

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 08:39:34 pm »
The post filters are also washable apparently, and comprises of a pleated hepa job and sponge diffuser

ila_rendered

Behind that sits the exit path for the motor air

ila_rendered

The cable is typical electrolux twin core

ila_rendered

The bin comes of the machine easily, the top part hinges up, then pushes down into the bin to compact the dirt

ila_rendered

It does work well, this is from my mums house and ours, one quick run over each time.

ila_rendered

The EU ratings sticker

ila_rendered

The inside of the entry part of the bin

ila_rendered

and a mini cyclone, where the dirt enters. You can see the dirt whizz round this part before hitting the bin

ila_rendered

Next, we get onto the hose

ila_rendered

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 08:45:28 pm »
The Hose

The hose looks quite long off the cleaner, but in reality it's quite short once fitted to the cleaner

ila_rendered

This part clips to the cleaner at the top of one side. The 3 holes indicate to me that there either is or was planned to be a fully electric version for a powerhead

ila_rendered

This part clips to the front of the cleaner so the hose exits straight from the front

ila_rendered

Like so

ila_rendered

Matching holes on the side of the cleaner

ila_rendered

and the hose is fitted.

Handle Grip

ila_rendered

The handle grip is easily removeable, and comes unfitted from the box

ila_rendered

It also has a wireless, battery powered remote control. Without this part, the cleaner either won't work, or only work on one speed, I'll need to wait for the batteries to run out first I imagine, or remove it to try

ila_rendered

It pops out to change the battery very easily. The battery logo on the front lights up green with a button press, and apparently goes red when the battery needs to be changed

ila_rendered

The rear of the PCB and battery

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 08:53:50 pm »
Extension Wand

ila_rendered

It's very light, and very long. Not alot else to say really!

Three in One Tool

ila_rendered

The small tools supplied with this cleaner (and the UltraOne I think) is a throwback to the 1970's, a combination tool, and clip to fix it to the extension wand

ila_rendered

In crevice tool mode. The crevice tool is a bit rubbish tbh, and affixed to the hose end is a bit clunky as it is angled alot

ila_rendered

In Upholstry Tool mode. It's a nice upholstry tool, but the angle means you end up pushing 'down' onto it, making it difficult to use

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

The clip holds it on like so

ila_rendered

I found a (battered) old style combi tool to show the similarity. The old style one was onyl an upholstry and dusting brush though, a nice long seperate crevice tool was supplied back in the day

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 09:09:58 pm »
Floor Tools

You get 3 floor tools supplied with the UltraOne

The first is the combination carpet and hard floor nozzle

ila_rendered

Which looks lovely

ila_rendered

Nice big metal soleplate underneath as well. This glues itself to the carpet nicely on most of the power settings

ila_rendered

One thing I noticed however is alot of dust and grit gets flicked up underneath and onto the bellows

ila_rendered

There are no side suction channels though, I need to do a test against the skirting board to see if it pulls anything out

ila_rendered

The next tool is the Parketto floor tool, basically a hard floor brush

ila_rendered

It is good for stuck down flooring, but on Lino, even on setting 1 on the machine it sucks the lino up and glues itself to the floor

However, the best of the 3 in my opinion is the Flex Pro nozzle

ila_rendered

Works on both hard floors and carpets, and does not suck lino up as much. It pivots in all directions too, and is lovely to use day to day

ila_rendered

Underneath is a felt strip at the back, and front suction channels at the front

ila_rendered

And there we are for now, a pictorial walkthrough of the AEG UltraCaptic! I need to do a video review, and written review by Thursday. I've put the Miele S5510 in the loft to ensure I use the UltraCaptic, as it is alot more clunky to use than the Miele, and has less tools, although you can buy a quare 36mm to normal 32mm adapter for it for a tenner, which I might indulge in one day.

More soon!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 09:56:57 pm »
That is one ugly machine.  :o

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 10:00:29 pm »
Yep! Works well though

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration