The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Kirby G5  (Read 20354 times)

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
Kirby G5
« on: July 23, 2016, 04:24:47 pm »
Well this is one of a few I have recently acquired.  :tiphat:

-Rusty
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Vacsfoodreviews

• Youtube Channel vacsfoodreviews
Re: Kirby G5
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 09:16:23 pm »
I recognise this vac is almost as if i used to own it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 10:44:26 am »
Nice! I want a Kirby Sentria

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 04:55:58 pm »
I recognise this vac is almost as if i used to own it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy ain't it!!

Good to see you're still on this forum mate.

-Rusty. :tiphat:
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 04:19:07 pm »
I miss my G5! Bought it at the car boot for a tenner with EVERYTHING. Had a dodgy tech drive though, and a loose handle. Tighten up of the handle bolt, and £15 for the bit of the tech drive that was broken later and it was amazing! Used it as a daily driver in our 1 bed flat for about 8 months, it really bought the pile up a treat!

Phenomenal suction through the tools too, and it wasn't too much of a faff to go round once in upright mode, then convert to cylinder mode and go round again. Used to clean the cars out with it too. It would slide under the bed with the handle flat too, so was easy to store. Still remember the noise the tech drive used to make, infact here is a video of it!

Would have another one in a heartbeat, just seen one on Gumtree for £50, but I don't have £50, and we have too much laminate for it to be much use now. The day we move into somewhere carpeted throughout though...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 04:30:41 pm »
Yup! Would rather use the beastly G5 than your Vax air revolve tho 😂

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 06:10:26 pm »
You all know Kirby is the best.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 06:32:20 pm »
I want a Kirby but they look old fashioned!

Offline Vacsfoodreviews

• Youtube Channel vacsfoodreviews
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 06:35:33 pm »
The really modern ones like the avlair dont look that old fashioned but there 2 grand !!!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 07:45:36 pm »

That's the best part!!! That's 98% of the reason I like them lol.

Offline Vacuum Cleaner House

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 09:13:58 pm »
My G5 with some of the other Kirbys I own, Its my favorite modern Kirby
Owner of Vacuum Cleaner House, Full service vacuum shop in Cape Town South Africa

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 10:46:43 pm »

That's the best part!!! That's 98% of the reason I like them lol.
😂😂😂 wtf haha!
I honestly think Dysons are the best looking vacuum aesthetically as well, even a DC07 still looks modern!!
DC41 looks futuristic and that came out 5 years ago ;D

Offline Vacuum Cleaner House

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 08:03:21 pm »
Dyson's look good when they are brand new but give it two or three uses and they can look very nasty. Aesthetically that is, You see all the dirt and dust you sucked up and it can look nasty. Its very dificult to get it looking clean without doing a full stripdown, While the bins can be wiped down ( after just a few uses they need buffing ) the cleaner head is were the dirt can get trapped.
One of the things I liked about the dc07/14 and older models was you couldn't see the brush which can get pretty messed up. Its winter here currently and with everyone from kids to the animals coming in from outside with wet shoes , my dc41 has a lovely mud colored cleaner head.

Machines like Sebo look neat no matter how full of dirt they are. To me Kirby and in my case Royal are by far much nicer to look at than any plastic vacuum.
Owner of Vacuum Cleaner House, Full service vacuum shop in Cape Town South Africa

Offline taran57

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 04:45:04 am »
I have one of these I am trying to flog, awful colour but I have given it a full service. No interest. Kirby has the worst depreciation value of any vacuum cleaner.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 07:03:38 pm »
I have one of these I am trying to flog, awful colour but I have given it a full service. No interest. Kirby has the worst depreciation value of any vacuum cleaner.

I have a G5 in my collection, I'm after the 516, 519 etc etc...

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration