The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Kirby G5  (Read 20467 times)

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
Re: Kirby G5
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2016, 05:08:33 pm »
That's alright then, Kirby's have the best suction in my opinion, a perfect design...
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2016, 06:26:07 pm »
Gdgd I really hope I'm impressed when I get this cleaner head and brand new belts
Do brushrolls wear down or will it still be amazing to use?

TBH the brushrolls I find to have the best grooming are the ones as stiff as Dyson bristles (DC07/14/33/25 etc) and Hoover juniors have that as well, not too stiff but not too soft making it groom well. Kirby's don't have beater bars but they are apparently the world's most powerful vacuums, I really want to be blown away..

I have an inch thick carpet in my room, Dysons are *okay* on it, but when I used a DC41 on it for the first time on what looked like a spotless carpet, loads of grit and crap was coming out from deep down, out onto the surface due to the DC41's power. I want the kirby to be like THIS or better :) I imagine it would due to the direct air.

When I tested the hose suction, I was expecting it to feel like around 200 AW, but it's weaker than I expected. The seals are all intact etc, the fan looks good with no damage at all and the motor sounded smooth.

PS The headlight didn't work, is it because it wasn't in place? I had it raised to put the hose on...

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2016, 08:26:25 pm »
No, it'll work up or down, the bulbs often come loose so just check that or replace it.

And from my experience, I vacuum daily with my Sebo G1, I usually spend a good 20mins going over the same room multiple times. And then usually on a Sunday when I have some free time I get a Kirby out, and as it happens I have a G5 down at the moment, I switch between them every now and then... But anyway back to my story... On a Sunday I get a Kirby out and Vacuum with that, and while I can't see what it's picking up due to the bag obviously, I can hear all sorts being sucked up... It's usually like a constant grit sound going through the fan so that proves that even after being Vacuumed daily with a reasonably good Sebo there is still a fair amount of dirt in the carpet.

I have also noticed the other week when I changed the bag in the G5 that even though I Vacuumed the night before with the Sebo, I put a new bag in and Vacuumed as I would on a normal Sunday and there was a substantial amount of dirt in the new bag.

I think you'll be a converted Kirby like I was when I got my first Kirby, which was a Legend 2...   
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2016, 12:45:33 am »
Oooh sounds good!

I was just watching your Legend 2 vids just nowish. I took the outer bag out, the inner bag is massive ;D Will any upright vacuum bag fit tho?  The fill tube has been removed from the outer bag and the bottom of the outer bag is so tight I'll have to get it on when I'm bothered. I want to put this in the washing machine but I can't cos of the big plastic thing at the top of the bag, there must be a way to remove it surely

I'm just excited to use it with the head I've just ordered and the new belts really, I turned the vac on after checking the goood looking fan and the fill tube blowed really well. The spindle makes no weird noises when turned by hand either so this indicated the bearings are good.

Just gotta make it look good now, the metal looks ugy af, actually I don't like the looks, I'd rather have a heritage or a G5/G6/Avalir or Sentria.

IDK if mine was battered because the motor looks good, there was some plaster dust on the vac though,  the inner bag was dusty AF. Either it's been abused and Kirby's are durable and reliable AF or it's just been neglected.

I quite like Kirbys even more now!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2016, 12:48:55 pm »
I told you you'd fall for them...

The outer bag is a bit of a pain to get on and off the emptor but it is possible... Wash the cloth bag with colour powder/gel/liquid and on its own or it'll fade or change colour...
Also wash it no hotter than 40 or it'll shrink :(

I really do recommend only using genuine Kirby bags because the fake ones don't filter and your newly washed cloth bag will become covered in dust very quickly.
You can buy genuine ones from Amazon, and a few other places.
Make sure the fill tube is fully screwed onto the emptor also, at first I just pushed it on and it obviously came off...

I'm also very excited to see your video's of this Vacuum, and to see what you think of it!

To hear a Dyson geek speak positively of Kirby will be fantastic! 

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2016, 01:20:26 pm »
I told you you'd fall for them...

The outer bag is a bit of a pain to get on and off the emptor but it is possible... Wash the cloth bag with colour powder/gel/liquid and on its own or it'll fade or change colour...
Also wash it no hotter than 40 or it'll shrink :(

I really do recommend only using genuine Kirby bags because the fake ones don't filter and your newly washed cloth bag will become covered in dust very quickly.
You can buy genuine ones from Amazon, and a few other places.
Make sure the fill tube is fully screwed onto the emptor also, at first I just pushed it on and it obviously came off...

I'm also very excited to see your video's of this Vacuum, and to see what you think of it!

To hear a Dyson geek speak positively of Kirby will be fantastic!

You mind reader ;D

Thanks for advice think I'll give it a hand wash, would shampoo or washing up liquid be alright you reckon?

I  was thinking of using a normal upright bagged vacuum bag, something new I learnt was that stringy ribbon thing inside the bag actually holds the fill tube up, that's quite clever.

As of last night I've been watching lots of Kirby vids on Youtube and I now would like either a Heritage 2 but particularly a lovely G6  and/or a Sentria, those are my fav ones. Not to keen on the colour of the Legend 2 I have or the G5 :(

Kirby's are taking me over I think, I'll still love Dysons unconditionally though ;D

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2016, 03:39:58 pm »
I have a Heritage for sale in very good condition if you're interested.
The one with the orange bag.

I'm now going crazy for Kirby merchandise lol I bought the knitted jumper the other week ;/

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram