The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC 25 Cannot remove the filter in the ball as the ball will not rotate.  (Read 4411 times)

Offline metacom

Noticed that my DC25 vacuum would not freely move around, that is the PURP|LE Ball/Wheel seems to be stuck. It happened I think after using the extended nossle hose but that seems in place now.

So I went to try and move it manually as if to get at the filer in the ball but the ball will only move a few inches.. It seems to be catching on something.. Any ideas.

Offline Madrat

It could be the filter has popped out and is jamming the ball, the half's of the ball are held together by 4 t15 screws, you need to remove them, separate the ball and remove the filter, while your at it check the small cog bearing, if this it worn it will make things worse. The filter will need a good wash or replacing.

Offline metacom

Yes That's what had happened, Didnt quite know where to apply any pressure, but based on your advise I was able to force the filter down enough to move the ball then take out the filter...will clean it next... but ball now freely moving... Many Thanks.

Offline Madrat

:thumbsup:

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration