The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: The dyson dc04 constant max  (Read 7267 times)

Offline Vacsfoodreviews

• Youtube Channel vacsfoodreviews
The dyson dc04 constant max
« on: August 01, 2016, 06:06:54 pm »
So i was looking through the forum the other day and came across the dyson dc04 constant max and i think it looks great and would have been a rival for the commercial sebo vacs at the time for use in hotels etc whats your opinions?

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: The dyson dc04 constant max
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 06:34:08 pm »
Domestic vacuums clean better than commercial ones because of their design with the suction seals at the head, brushes etc...

The DC04 has the usual Dyson performance, so that's good. Constant max means constant suction because of the cyclone tech. R the cable is easy to change like a lawnmower, just unclips like the ones on a Flymo!

The tools are the same as a DC04 and they are better than Henry ones imho.

Dc04's are tanks, so imagine the constant max with its better motor and user friendliness!

If they made a constant max DC14, perfect! Besides a smaller bin but it's bagless so no biggie. Houses have more dust any way due to thicker carpets which means more frequent emptying.

I really think they should make a DC14 constant max!

Offline Vacsfoodreviews

• Youtube Channel vacsfoodreviews
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 06:47:43 pm »
parwas7862 i think they definatly shoud start making commercial dysons again

Offline mrdyson

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 08:11:27 am »
I really think they should start making the DC14 again. It was an amazing cleaner!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 12:06:45 pm »
Definitely! But with the brush motorized with a DC17 motor then they would have smashed it.
And maybe a layer of plastic around the aluminum wand so it's not only sturdy but non dentable too and still lightweight ;D

Offline mrdyson

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 09:44:30 am »
That sounds perfect Parwaz. Dyson need to employ you as a product innovator!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 10:04:25 am »
That sounds perfect Parwaz. Dyson need to employ you as a product innovator!

Thanks! ;D I plan to apply for a job at Dyson to be a field service engineer, that's my dream job!

Offline Vacuum Cleaner House

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 08:17:49 pm »
""Domestic vacuums clean better than commercial ones because of their design with the suction seals at the head, brushes etc""

Were on Earth did you get that idea from Parwaz.

If you take a commercial machine like a Royal or a Sanitaire( electrolux commercial )  it will suck circles any domestic vacuum. My Royal commercial has embarrassed every domestic vacuum I have tested it against. It will suck up dirt out of your carpet you didn't even know existed.
While some commercial vacuums are built for durability over performance but those are mainly the tub types.

Owner of Vacuum Cleaner House, Full service vacuum shop in Cape Town South Africa

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 11:05:48 pm »
I tried a few nilco vacuums which were dirty air and was unimpressed when using them on domestic carpeting. I then ran over the same area with our DC25 and it picked up loads

Also I remember you saying on VL on the thread about two DC07's being used commercially in a church that the difference between domestic vacuums and commercial vacuums is longevity ;)
Domestic vacuums are designed to clean more than last long as that's the main thing in that department

Offline Vacuum Cleaner House

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 09:15:01 pm »
Yes when compaired with commercial tub vacuums. Tub vacuums are often bought because they are industrial and people will think they will clean better because of this, Mean while the reality is that a Electrolux Vitesse could out clean them.

Some years back I owned a carpet cleaning company and was shocked when a customer used her Vitesse after we had dry cleaned her carpet using a sebo 370 at how much powder her vitesse pulled out, That said the sebo's were 10 years old at the time and while still in perfect working function at the time didn't have the over powered 1500watt ( the actual power of a 1850 watt vitesse motor ) and the very aggressive brush roll. Those sebo's are now 20 years old and still running ( my dad bought the company from me when I went back into the vacuum business. That customer has gone through 2 more  one air speed one powerglide Electrolux vacuums, a Samsung Air track , a dyson dc 24 ( not bought from me ) and is currently on a dc42 ( Bought from me ) All of which have been in for repair with me more than once ( to be fair the cleaner sucked up a load of water with the dc24 which is why it packed up)

You cannot make a general statement like that without actually having something to back it up.

A current sebo G1 and BS 36 or even a Felix will run circles around every domestic vacuum out  their, Move on to  a Kirby or a Sanitair, Royal and they dont stand a chance. Those big nilco vacuums were awesome machines so if you were not impressed you either were not using them properly or they were in poor condition. 
Owner of Vacuum Cleaner House, Full service vacuum shop in Cape Town South Africa

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 09:25:11 pm »
Those Nilco vacuums looked fine, but they get used all the time on thick carpets, dunno but the bag was fine. Maybe the belt was worn? Dunno..

DC04 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram