The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson DC41 Animal stripdown opinions!  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Dyson DC41 Animal stripdown opinions!
« on: August 20, 2016, 11:34:32 pm »
Just got a DC41 Animal today traded in from selling my DC25. It's in perfect working order (except the cleaner head wheel is slightly wearing out and the changeover valve hose had split).

So I decided that since it's filthy, not our home vacuum and needed a new little hose I would just strip it down anyway so I did. I was expecting a complex design, but it's actually quite nice to work on!

There's a lot of screws but using Sam's style of organising screws is all that's  needed along with a few reference shots of the wires ;)

4 wires on the PCB (two on each side) unlike the DC40 with ALL the wires jumbled up on the PCB like wtf! :|

When I removed the switch cover, the wiring looked much tidier than a DC25 switch housing wiring!

The DC41 isn't actually a bad vacuum tbh, they clean VERY well at both the cleaner head and with the hose suction, lovely modern looks and design and all so I want to master a DC41 stripdown :)  :icon_nod: If they had better wheels for the cleaner heads and just these little things they would be a great reliable vacuum *I think* (I am typing this at 11:33 PM) lol.

So  do you want to master a DC41 stripdown? I found it quite easy (probs cos I stripped down a DC40 like 500 times lol, but that seemed like a slightly messier/ unfriendly design.)

So yeah, can't wait to get it back together once the new hose arrives. ;D

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration