Other Vacuum Cleaners & Site Suggestions > Vax Vacuum Cleaners

Vax Turboforce V006 - Stripdown and Refurb

(1/4) > >>

beko1987:
I sold a DC04 a fair while ago, and took this and another vax in as part exchange. I've had one of these before in Orange, and do quite like them, despite the awful filtration, they really groom well, and clean the carpet deep down

A Vax Turboforce V006-something. Long discontinued, and based on the Big Bubble or similar

Things got off to a shakey start when I unclipped the hose from the machine, and found it wouldn't pull through the bracket, so I had to come back to that...

The dusting brush sits on the dusting brush holder

and the extension wand and crevice tool sits in it's holder too (technical stuff here)

Bin off

The turbo tool holder/cyclone holder (I did not get a turbo tool with this one) unscrews with 2 screws from the back of the handle

And the turbo tool clip pulls out of the main assembly

With the above done, the handle itself isn't fixed on, so lifts off easily

This part, which does such jobs as holds the dusting brush, upper cord hook and top hose hook doesn't screw on despite having screw holes, and it sandwiched between the handle and main chassis, and lifts off once the former is removed

beko1987:
With that out of the way the hose entry elbow can be seen

and removed

Various screws front and back release the lower hose bracket, and the hose can finally be removed

With those screws removed, the middle chassis lifts off the motor housing, bringing the lower hose with it

There is a big D seal inside the upper chassis that seals onto the cyclone bin

The external lower hose pushes onto the bracket that the main hose fits onto to provide the suction to the brushroll

With some considerable fiddling it is removed

Getting there now

The secondary (and probably bloody useless by the time the fine dust that's escaped the main filter hits it) pre motor filter lifts out of the motor housing

beko1987:
We need to move underneath now, and remove the front wheels

This bracket holds the axle onto the underside

Once removed the wheels fall off

Many many screws remove the baseplate

And reveals the broken belt this machine does suffer from

the MASSIVE brushroll lifts out of the head

and a few screws here and there release the hood

I forgot how much of an arse this was last time and removed the furniture guard, which I do not recommend!

Power you can see had turned into Power hidden by filth

beko1987:
I bet the future collectability of this machine will be dictated by how clear this piece is, or if a NOS one can be found (ha!, zero chance of that now let alone in 40 years)

The height adjuster is held in with a screw through its centre

The height adjuster mechanism is held in by this plate underneath

With all that out of the way we can remove the clamps that hold the motor housing to the lower chassis

and the two can be separated

The release pedal unclips from the lower chassis

I left the rear wheels on, as the last time I removed them on a different machine the chassis broke around them immediately afterwards when putting it back together, and I didn't want that to happen this time

So onto the motor. Motor housing split

beko1987:
Being Vax, the wiring is joined with these horrible crimps.

And once all chopped, the housing fully splits as the headlight wiring holds the two together

The sound deadening pulls off the front housing vents

The headlight lens removes with 2 screws, and the lightbulb pulls out

Releasing a spring clip brings the bulb holder out

Front housing done, time to have the screamer motor out

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version