The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Miele S7/U1 vacuums  (Read 5762 times)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Miele S7/U1 vacuums
« on: September 03, 2016, 01:09:03 am »
I really want a Miele S7 or a U1, I'm not a geek of Miele but want to be so make me one if you can ;D
Anyone ever had or tried the Miele S7 Upright? I am quite interested in owning my first Miele.. :icon_nod:

Also.. they are so expensive even when used and are hardly on eBay! Why???  :'(

Offline dysondc16

Re: Miele S7/U1 vacuums
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 05:58:59 am »
I've had an S7 for nearly 6 years now, and while not perfect it is very good. It cleans very well,has been well thought out (lots of small touches), good capacity and fairly nice in use (for example it goes lower than most dyson uprights). And of course quiet with good filtration.

Plus it still has my favorite tool setup of any upright I've ever owned, it is very stable, has a fairly long hose with a nice handle (and not much "pull back") plus 3 separate tools which I like, and of course variable suction.

Although they are very big, and quite heavy (It basically is a cylinder with a large powerhead shoved together). And they have more quality issues than the cylinders I have found.

Although I have never been to the U.K, from what I've seen of the homes the S7 really might be a bit too big for the average house.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 10:44:34 am »
Thanks for the info! :) I don't mind big heavy uprights, I quite like them actually, lol. I have a thick bedroom carpet which is a deep pile plush and was wondering if the S7 would excel with this? I believe there's grit deep down because when it was new it was nice and thick but it's about 3 years old now and the pile has gone thinner.

The only vacuum I have used which works really well on it is my DC41 Mk2 but the cleaner head is quite lightweight so doesn't dig really deep down, though it did pull out a lot of crap up to the surface from when I thought it was clean. Have you tried one of the new Dyson balls with a purple brushroll? Would love to know how the performance of those compare to a Miele S7

Thanks ;)

Offline Hoover Master

• I like dyson,numatic and miele most.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 02:54:52 pm »
I absolutely love mine. I got given it for free when my friends got a miele c2

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 03:48:10 pm »
So lucky, there's hardly any on eBay either! Are they not popular? Lol.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 07:58:19 am »
Well I found one >>>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Miele-S7-Vacuum-Cleaner-/152222513663?hash=item23712b39ff:g:oQsAAOSwGtRXw-a1

And another>>> https://en.shpock.com/i/V8W9IK5vqfp8i0XO/

They're alright, I know someone who sold his for a Sebo of some kind lol.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 02:44:59 pm »
Thanks! thumbsup: I'm watching the Silver one, the Shpock one is quite far. I hope the Silver one has a few scuff marks instead of scratched paintwork on the bad door though!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 03:08:50 pm »
It'll be alright...
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram