The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC25 replacement  (Read 21584 times)

Offline __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
Re: DC25 replacement
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 09:56:20 am »
PS

while writing the last post, the wife just informed me that the DC25 brush bar has stopped working while vacuuming the living room
- the pressure for a decision is on

If I tell her I am waiting for further help from dyson fanatics on a forum, she is likely to raise her eyebrows a very long way ........ and just go and buy something new

What do I do?
Votes please

Have you tried pressing the silver button (next to the power button) a couple of times to try resetting the brushbar?

Offline macman

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 10:11:35 am »
Plenty of guides on this board as to how to change the DC25 brushbar motor. And then service it at the same time.
Or if the brushbar itself and end cap are worn, bung on a new cleanerhead and it'll be as good as new.
As above, are you sure she hasn't just switched it off in error though?

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 04:44:55 pm »
I am impressed with the new DC41 Mk2 performance, it's the best performing Dyson ever since the first Dyson DC01 made it has a five year guarantee and if you give them your old vacuum, they will knock £100 off (limited time special offer) and its the latest model which is yours with the option to choose 3 free tools! Incredible!
I am actually thinking of buying one myself, but the DC25 is a machine which performs good, but has a few issues such as brush motor problems and the filters get dirty quickly.
The new radial root cyclone on the 700w dc41 are fantastic and my friend vacuumed up some sawdust with his and none went on the filter. The large holes on the cyclones have been replaced by a mesh screen like a sieve, so no more hair on the filters!:) the cyclones really do their job btw :)

Offline SCS

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 07:42:42 pm »
Thanks parwaz

Everyone agree that the latest is the best ?

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 07:47:42 pm »
I don't, but have never used one and collect pre 1989 machines, so possibly a bit biased!

Good luck with whatever you choose. Could always buy local/tesco so if you don't like it you can take it back without too much hassle
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline macman

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 09:01:43 am »
Thanks parwaz

I think that's the complete opposite of what most of us think...the general ethos on here is to repair and recondition the 'classic' models up to DC14, and maybe some of the earlier ball models such as the DC15 or DC25.
The MVacs survey referred to earlier shows an overwhelming preference for the DC07 and DC14.
I have no experience of the DC41, so can't comment on that.

Offline __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2014, 09:10:06 am »
Thanks parwaz

I used to think the DC25 was poorly made until the DC40/41 came along!

Purely based on what I'm already seeing coming in for repair/service...I can't comment on what they're like to use  :))

Offline Sleaford White

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2014, 10:57:41 am »
Get a reconditioned DC07/DC14 with a new motor in it and you will not look back!!!! I could have any Dyson I wanted...what do we use at home? A yellow clutchless DC07. :thumbsup: I posted in another thread about my experience with a DC41 and i reiterate; they are  SHEEEIIITTEE!!

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration