The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: dc 04 de stijl  (Read 13045 times)

Offline twocheeks

dc 04 de stijl
« on: October 13, 2016, 05:32:54 pm »
 Hi all, i am in need of a dc 04 de stijl spine, does anyone know where i can find one. T.I.A

Offline Elgin

Re: dc 04 de stijl
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 06:41:25 pm »
Hi all, i am in need of a dc 04 de stijl spine, does anyone know where i can find one. T.I.A
Do you mean the chassis

Offline Elgin

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 06:48:58 pm »
Do you mean the chassis
With the chassis  beig the same on the limited edition and the destijl you could use that because they are boh purple hower I cannot fid any purple chassis and you could just use a grey one. Might be something at Manchester vacs you might be able to see a email requesting a used one or something . That's what I did for my power cord. Also if you do email ask them if they have a purple chassis because there are only two d 04 using the purple a d that was the De Stijl and the absolute Purpleasure and Magenta. Not every one knows this but the limited edition is actually a absolute looking at my license platell for my

Offline twocheeks

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 08:55:38 am »
Thanks for the reply, i managed to source a near perfect de stijl with a few odd parts, it even came with a red clutch cover which i have never seen before. when i have finished it i will post a couple of pics as i am waiting on a new cable and plug, regards.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 10:15:43 am »
So cool, my dream is to find a DC04 De Stijl hardly faded, with a red sole plate and clutch cover and all tools :)
If anyone has one they would like to sell, holla @ me

Offline Elgin

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 04:02:10 pm »
So cool, my dream is to find a DC04 De Stijl hardly faded, with a red sole plate and clutch cover and all tools :)
If anyone has one they would like to sell, holla @ me
Someone was selling one on ebay damn cheap (1£) so I emailed him and told him it's worth tons more so he upped hid price. If I hadn't told him that I'd drop you the link but it's sold now.  There's also one for 99£ refurboshed

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 04:13:59 pm »
I wouldn't  say they are worth that much, they aren't really rare, considering there were 20,000 De Stijls made. A rare Dyson model I would say is the DC02 Recyclone. They hardly ever appear on eBay.
Also, I heard there were 500 DC07 CLICs made,but I always see them on eBay!

Offline twocheeks

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 08:17:02 pm »
could do with a better polish but ok for first attempt

Offline Elgin

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 10:45:51 pm »
I wouldn't  say they are worth that much, they aren't really rare, considering there were 20,000 De Stijls made. A rare Dyson model I would say is the DC02 Recyclone. They hardly ever appear on eBay.
Also, I heard there were 500 DC07 CLICs made,but I always see them on eBay!

Well I dunno, Because at the Dyson Revivers near me they have only had a couple DC04 De Stijl, they said they were putting a exclusive price on one they just got in when I emailed them the other day because they had just finished refirbing one, They said "We have just built up a de still in purple, red, yellow it's gorgeous. We haven't priced it yet as they are more expensive being hard to come by.
Keep up with the collecting", I can hardly find them on eBay too, so not sure, everyone tells me they are quite rare nowadays, 

Offline Elgin

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 10:52:12 pm »
could do with a better polish but ok for first attempt (Attachment Link)
That's one really nice machine, When my DC07 died I was just learning all about the different sorts of Dyson's, Before that I was just going off what I had seen, this is what I said many years ago, "Oh so they made two DC04's One green and grey, The other yellow and grey, And they made two dc07's two, The Animal and the Origin?". Then when I started looking about repairing mine incase it failed I realised there were thousands of different colour types, When my DC07 died I decided to look for A dc04, My grandparents told me of Dyson Revivers so I emailed them and they said they have a DC04 De Stijl, A day before I went I messaged them to ask about it They said they don't have the De Stijl anymore but they have many others,
With my De Stijl being first choice and the Absolute Green and Purple being second I went down to Dyson Revivers and Bought myself a nice Dc04 Absolute, Few weeks later I learn of Manchester vacs  :'( :'( :'(, Should of searched around before :'( Bought a second hand power lead from Man Vacs, after emailing them, and bought a used DC04 purple chassis of ebay, now I have my perfect DC04, off full Purple and Green, Except the damn valve and U bend pipes, :censored: Why Dyson didn't make purple ones annoyes me because everything is purple and green except the inspection valves :'(

Offline Elgin

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 11:04:23 pm »
could do with a better polish but ok for first attempt (Attachment Link)

This is My Dyson DC04 Absolute Purple and Lime, (With a Purple and Pink limited edition license plate because that's what the chassis had came off, Still have the pink wheel trims)

Offline twocheeks

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 08:57:42 am »
At first i only wanted one and now i have three,  the one on the left is the one i'm keeping but the other two have to go as taking up too much space.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 09:19:08 am »
I do often wonder why Dyson made their products look like toys, and still do.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 10:51:21 am »
Wish I had one!

Offline ollivacguy

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 04:21:12 pm »
oooh id love a Destijl my mum had 2 dc01 destijl's

DC04 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts