The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC07  (Read 3928 times)

Offline Kate Sheldon

DC07
« on: October 22, 2016, 03:04:08 pm »
Oops! I decided to clean the cyclone on my sisters DC07, I watched a video on the net, seemed easy enough! But I forgot to take the bucket off first! I undid the 3 screws at the top and took the top bit out, but I can't get the long bit back into the hole at the bottom to open the bucket at the bottom, so I can remove the bucket. Any advice greatly received.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: DC07
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 05:35:36 pm »
Ah we have all been there!

Unscrew the release rod from the cyclone top.  Then push the housing and spring off,  it only goes one way.

Then,  with the rod,  and possibly a torch/light overhead,  poke the rod down the hole at the top,  and the hole at the bottom (it's keyed,  so only goes one way). The flap should pop open when you get it right!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 05:37:12 pm »
It's easier with the rod off to open the flap,  then to reassemble,  put the spring and housing back on the rod and screw it onto the top cover. Then,  when you can see the bottom of the cyclone,  you can pole a finger or two in to manipulate the rod into the bottom hole.  It's a tad tricky as you have to keep the top part half inserted into the cyclone,  a small smear of washing  up liquid helps stop the rubber seal being a pain
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline bluebumble485

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 05:38:32 pm »
on the top that you took off look at the rod at the top there is a  screw undo take rod from lid ,then you can see where the hole is ,it has one flat side line it up then tap it the bottom will open ,then just replace rod jobs a gud  un

Offline Kate Sheldon

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 05:51:25 pm »
I can't thank you enough! I managed it with your help. I absolutely love this forum, thanks guys  :thumbsup:

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram