The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: My new toys!  (Read 5391 times)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
My new toys!
« on: October 25, 2016, 01:20:17 pm »
On Sunday I got a Joblot of  5 vacuums for £30 in working order and came with most tools.

A Hoover Junior ;D  (Sadly a refurb, but still looks nice in white and a red bag).  I love this so much! It's compact and lightweight, almost like a corded toy vacuum, yet grooms and beat carpets hella amazingly. I just dislike the bags as it cam be a pain and dust can leak in the outer bag. Apart from that it's an absolute joy to have. Did I mention that it's metal, so feels very rock solid?

A  Hitachi Powerhouse  1100W  in dark blue with varable power and cable rewind- Works well, just came with a stair tool. It has a cable rewind which doesnt really hold the cable in properly. It also has variable power! Just the belt wad worn and the bag was ripped at the collar.

Another Hitachi powerhouse but in grey, has singlespeed, with a worn out belt and cable hooks  instead of a rewind.

A Vax Turboforce V006 ;D Just ordered a service kit which I believe is non genuine for it. It's basically a filter set, 2 belts and a brushroll.The brishroll on mine has bristles which are softer than the brush tool on board! WTF  >:( Stupid vax, I really wanted to like this machine, it looks normal used to me, just the usual grub etc, not abused. Hope the new bristles are much stiffer. It's also VERY loud and has a stupid vent at the side of the motor housing permanently sucking in air. why not just make an air release valve? IT doesn't stand up easily either, will fall over with the slightest knockdue to a worn out lock thing around the spindle. The headlight is cool though. I just hate the noise level. It's like two De rooted DC07 origins being used at the same time! :o This came with all tools ;D

Lastly, a Vax (power 1 I think?)   in green and silver. This works fine, still VERY noisy! It has a snapped belt. I always thought I would be alright with noisy vacuums, DC07 Origins didn't bother me much, especially because they work well and are designed lovely, BUT these Vax machines sound like a plane taking off in the living room!  :D God knows how people put up with the noise level of these. This is 1600W and only has 140 AW LOL  :chuckle: :)) :biglaugh:

On the other hand a DC14 is 1400W  and has 280AW- Twice the suction! And is much quieter  :icon_nod: ;D

I will be keeping the Hoover Junior and the beastly and clumsy Vax Turboforce. The rest will be sold on. I *Might* Keep the Hitachi with variable power, but not sure yet.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: My new toys!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 11:16:30 am »
Nice, I love the Hitachi machines, quite liked my Grey one!

The Junior will be easily fixed, they always are. The brushrolls on my 2 vax turboforce's have not been 'soft', possibly not as stiff as the more recent brushrolls but the density of the bristles made it groom very well. Hopefully with a full service it will work better and you can have a better impression of it, I know you've always liked them!

Wipe the other vax down and sell it, horrible thing!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 12:42:44 pm »
Thanks! The blue Hitachi is quite growing on me esp with the variable power, love that feature alone! And I will be selling the cheapo Vax indeed lol

Just refurned the turbo force last night, looks good, just waiting for the service kit to arrive
Thankfully it's gone quieter after vacuuming out the fan of the dusty motor and the dusty foam around it

Managed to fix the junior after loosening the nut, so that it fitted tighter in the housing ;D I want more old Hoovers now!

The lady who hoarded these machines now has the new Gtech Air ram, God help her, she's been slowly downgrading each time from the beastly junior all the way down to a vax power 1 :o

Offline Madrat

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 06:50:45 pm »
If the junior is metal its a late 50s early 60s model  :thumbsup:  indestructible  pictures please

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 07:34:41 pm »
Cool! Thank you Ian ;D  I was told it was from the 70's :o
Will try and get pics but he photo uploading thing for me is quite a chore lol

Offline Madrat

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 07:52:57 pm »
I'm sure the body's were all plastic by the 70s

Offline Madrat

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 07:54:04 pm »
what's the model number

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 09:44:56 pm »
Interesting :)
It doesn't say the model number in it sadly, except behind the belt cover there's a black sticker saying 'Junior' and V.C.T.S
240V
250W ( :o )
I think it's a 1334 though, I was told

Offline Madrat

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 09:57:36 pm »
1334  was 1958 to aprox 1968, metal head changed to plastic around 1965.  I have 2 of those, dose yours have the original shake out style bag or a zip? both mine have had replacement bags fitted unfortunately, 1 home made out of crimplene  :chuckle:

http://74simon.co.uk/1334.html

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 10:37:22 pm »
Cool! My bag is a replacement too, the paper bag inside is held on by a rubber belt and it's bottom fill ;)

Offline Madrat

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 08:36:31 pm »
They were all bottom fill until the mid 70s

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 09:20:19 pm »
That's cool! Love that mine is an oldie then :)

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram