The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Vax Mach Zen C91-MZ-B  (Read 3745 times)

Offline julianbm

Vax Mach Zen C91-MZ-B
« on: May 14, 2020, 05:22:41 pm »
I am trying to dismantle my Mach Zen which is a great machine apart from a dodgy cable rewind. Problem is that four of the screws that it seems I need to remove are hidden behind the wheels, and I cannot figure out how to get the wheels off. I am reluctant to use too much force in case I break them and make a good machine useless.

Does anyone have any experience of this machine, or suggestions for me to try.

Thanks, Julian

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Vax Mach Zen C91-MZ-B
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 09:55:46 pm »
I've had a few of the Vax cylinders apart and yea, the wheels have to come off usually. It's horrible as the plastic is really brittle and cheap. If you can peer into it and see where the locking tabs are and start there you might be alright, also if you can bend back the wheel enough to get the screws out, removing the wheels may be less brutal once apart...

But then again the wheels may not come apart, so don't mega hoof on it...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline julianbm

Re: Vax Mach Zen C91-MZ-B
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 02:25:00 pm »
Thanks for your reply.
I took your warning about the fragile nature of the plastic to heart, and I drilled a small hole in the centre of each wheel so that I could insert the straw from a oil spray can and squirted in some ptfe type release oil in the hope that some would get to the finger catches and allow them to slip out more easily. Not sure if it helped but they certainly came out without levering, just double thumb pressure on the wheel rim was enough.
After all that it turned out that there were a couple of screws hidden under the power button and the rewind button that I had to remove, and I could have managed it without taking the wheels off, but it all worked in the end anyway.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram