The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Vax Mach Air U91 Stripdown and Refurb  (Read 31102 times)

Offline CroftyJohn

Re: Vax Mach Air U91 Stripdown and Refurb
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2020, 01:03:26 pm »
Congratulations Mr BEKO1987 a brilliant set of photos. I have dismantled and maintained, repaired a VAX AIR MACH model U91-MA-B including replacing the power cable from the main motor to the brush roller PCB, quite a fiddle to feed it thru the axle yoke and bearing cap where it gets damaged in service.

I now am trying to find a supplier for the axle lock spring from the opposite side. This is to hold the handle and works in an upright position when not in use.

Can anyone advise where I might find such a spring in stock?

Thanks for all advice.

Offline CroftyJohn

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2020, 01:07:13 pm »
By the way "just pop out" the wheel retainer is absolutly a huge understatement. Just not possible. I even struggled to knock it out after prising the yoke assembly from the floor part. I think a modification to the retainer to reduce its stiffness is necessary.

Offline Marko

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2020, 11:25:34 am »
Great post and v. helpful. I have recently inherited a Vax Mach Air. Cleaned uit up and replaced all filters hoses and belt etc. Although brushes turn there is no suction.
Can someone  tell me the cause and give me a solution please?

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2020, 11:31:50 am »
Great post and v. helpful. I have recently inherited a Vax Mach Air. Cleaned uit up and replaced all filters hoses and belt etc. Although brushes turn there is no suction.
Can someone  tell me the cause and give me a solution please?

Odd, should be loads of suction if you've done the filters!

Is there suction with the cyclone off? Take the cyclone off, and put your hand over where the suction comes from the chassis. If there's loads, put the cyclone back on. Does the machine suddenly start screaming? If so there is a blockage somewhere, or something isn't together correctly in the cyclone.

Also how did you clean the filter? Did you vacuum it off or rinse it in the sink? I had a vax once with the same symptoms but I'd vacuumed off the filter. one 3 hour 60 degree wash with the towels I had to do anyway fixed everything. Sounds odd, but take the filter out and put the bin back together then use masking tape/sellotape to seal the join (the filter provides the seal). Suction restored?

Otherwise I'm a bit sumped as you'd see a clog in the hose or brushroll housing...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram